Pacific Weather during Crossing LA to Hawaii -- January 2, 2006

Celiaanne

Hi,

I have tried to find some information on this but I have have not found a lot "searching" forums. So, I hope someone can help.:confused:

I am cruising on the Celebrity Summit on January 2 from LA to Hawaii and return. We spend about 8 days at sea going back and forth. My favorite cruise activity is lounging by the pool soaking up the sun (we live in Pittsburgh and don't get that much here!). So, can anyone out there tell me what we can expect weather-wise for our days at sea?

Thank you!

I did the same trip on Princess this past January. Don't expect much warmth the first couple of days out. They as you get closer to Hawaii it gets warmer. The reverse is true as you return to the states so it works out about half warm and half chilly. You will be plenty warm in Hawaii tho I found the snorkeling too cold for me---others did fine.

Our cruise leaves on Jan 29 & I've wondered what kind of ride we'll get. I'm sure the temperatures will be cooler, so a jacket or hoody will be in order. I'm also quite sure we'll get a few waves so I'm gonna be packing some anti-seasick medication. I'm looking forward to the sea-days but I'm also planning on being prepared. The trip between Panama & Aruba is almost enough for me and that is pretty sheltered so I dunno what will become of me in the wide open ocean! Time will tell. :o

Archived