Breakaway show question

carsaw

I will be on the Breakaway for the first time soon (first NCL also) and was wondering about booking shows. I already booked second city for one show but notice that people see multiple shows. Are you able to book more when onboard or do you just go in a line before the show starts and possibly get in?

The shows like Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor need reservations to be guaranteed entry. They do have a reserve line (and there is always the chance that particular shows won't fill up), but I would recommend reserving if you really want to see a show, or don't fancy queuing,

You can reserve onboard, but if you know when you want to see a show then I'd recommend prebooking, if only so it's one less thing to do when onboard. You can always change the reservation if you later find that it clashes with something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can only book each show once, so you will not be able to book multiple times.

For all shows, guests with reservations are given entry first, and then about 15 minutes before the show starts, guests without reservations are allowed in.

Based on my observations, I'm sure that NCL does not take reservations to 100% of room capacity, so that they are able to take walk-ins. But having reservations lets you in earlier, so that you can get the best seats. For the really popular shows in the theater (e.g. Burn the Floor) the theater does get filled up, so people who arrive a few minutes before the show starts won't get good seats and likely won't get seats together.

We were on the 12/22-12/29, when the ship had 4,800 passengers, and I had pre-booked reservations for all shows except Second City because I wasn't sure which showing we wanted to go to. We had no trouble seeing all three times slots for Second City and didn't have reservations for any. The 7 pm show is less busy. For the 11 pm show later in the cruise, late comers were standing at the back, but everyone got in. Seating is not a crucial for Second City, but there are several "bad seats" where the columns block your view.

Thanks for the information. I booked Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages. I booked a 11:00 show for second city but would like to see other times also. Sounds like it shouldn't be much of a problem :)