Tahiti vs Moorea?

lallarebecca

Hey!

I got many helpful ideas from you guys around here, so I thought I should ask one more question.

We´re going on a cruise from/to Papeete on Nov 18 - Nov 28 2014.

We´ll be flying in one day precruise and will probably arrive at Tahiti in the early morning of th 17th, so we´ll need a hotel-stay for one night.

Since we´ll probably be tired after the nightflight and since it is our first time I was considering staying in Papeete, or at least on Tahiti.

When we are coming back from the cruise however, we need to stay at least one night more, since there are no flights back to LAX that will fit into the schedule on the 28th.

I was thinking of maybe taking the ferry upon disembark from the cruise and spend the day, and one night at Moorea instead of one more night in Papeete. Would that be a good choice?

If we´ll do that we´ll have the day of the 28th and the full day of 29th to spend on Moorea before our flight. Or would it still be better to stay on Tahiti instead of the trouble it might take to get to Moorea?

If not, all advice on Moorea hotels are very welcomed. I love snorkelling, so something with a nice beach and manybe even snorelling would be perfect!

Best regards, Rebecca

Hey!

I got many helpful ideas from you guys around here, so I thought I should ask one more question.

We´re going on a cruise from/to Papeete on Nov 18 - Nov 28 2014.

We´ll be flying in one day precruise and will probably arrive at Tahiti in the early morning of th 17th, so we´ll need a hotel-stay for one night.

Since we´ll probably be tired after the nightflight and since it is our first time I was considering staying in Papeete, or at least on Tahiti.

When we are coming back from the cruise however, we need to stay at least one night more, since there are no flights back to LAX that will fit into the schedule on the 28th.

I was thinking of maybe taking the ferry upon disembark from the cruise and spend the day, and one night at Moorea instead of one more night in Papeete. Would that be a good choice?

If we´ll do that we´ll have the day of the 28th and the full day of 29th to spend on Moorea before our flight. Or would it still be better to stay on Tahiti instead of the trouble it might take to get to Moorea?

If not, all advice on Moorea hotels are very welcomed. I love snorkelling, so something with a nice beach and manybe even snorelling would be perfect!

Best regards, Rebecca

I would just stay in Papeete after the cruise. The main thing is work out what the extra cost to go to Moorea by ferry or plane.

Personally, 3 days in Papeete was way too much. I would look into other options at the end of your cruise. We disembarked one night early in order to accommodate our flight home and it was the best thing we ever did. If we were to go back I would not spend any time in Papeete.