Burrell Boom

Swells1

I've been looking at the Jungle River Cruise excursion. Here is the description-

Board a river boat for a guided tour of the nearby Old Belize River. On this scenic waterway you will see crocodiles, howler monkeys, iguanas, and lots of birds. Lush tropical foliage lines this waterway. You will disembark at Burrell Boom, a community which was once a logging camp, for shopping, refreshments and a locally prepared lunch. After which you board the boat for journey back to Belize City. The tour concludes at the Belize Tourism Village/dock for transfer to the ship.

I've tried Googling ''Burrell Boom'' with no luck. What can anyone tell me about this area? Would this be a good place to try local food? If I were to place museums and places of high culture on one end of a continuum, and great sources of cheap plastic souvenirs on the other, where would this area land? Any information would be appreciated.

I've been looking at the Jungle River Cruise excursion. Here is the description-

Board a river boat for a guided tour of the nearby Old Belize River. On this scenic waterway you will see crocodiles, howler monkeys, iguanas, and lots of birds. Lush tropical foliage lines this waterway. You will disembark at Burrell Boom, a community which was once a logging camp, for shopping, refreshments and a locally prepared lunch. After which you board the boat for journey back to Belize City. The tour concludes at the Belize Tourism Village/dock for transfer to the ship.

I've tried Googling ''Burrell Boom'' with no luck. What can anyone tell me about this area? Would this be a good place to try local food? If I were to place museums and places of high culture on one end of a continuum, and great sources of cheap plastic souvenirs on the other, where would this area land? Any information would be appreciated.

add belizetothe search."burrell boom belize" lots ofi nfo.