Questions about the STATENDAM

Hi all

I have read this ship was refurbished in 2010, does anyone know if it will be in dry dock soon to spruce it up. Many of the reviews speak of it being in poor shape.

Also just confirming on HAL if you have an Inside cabin you get a shower and an Ocean View/Porthole you get a Tub is that right?

Hi, I can't answer you question about when the Statendam will go into dry dock but can tell you about her condition, now. We just spent 43 days on her and she is in amazing shape. She is probably the cleanest ship I've ever been on and except for some wear and tear on her elevators, which is the only place I could fault her. Remembering that she only has 2 banks of elevators and all the luggage that in hauled in and out of the ship, some of the damage is understandable to me.

Hi, I can't answer you question about when the Statendam will go into dry dock but can tell you about her condition, now. We just spent 43 days on her and she is in amazing shape. She is probably the cleanest ship I've ever been on and except for some wear and tear on her elevators, which is the only place I could fault her. Remembering that she only has 2 banks of elevators and all the luggage that in hauled in and out of the ship, some of the damage is understandable to me.

That is great news to hear thanks for the info. I did a You tube search and the videos of the ship are very nice.

We returned Dec 3 from 31 days on the Statendam. Personally thought it was starting to show some signs of needing refit - carpets worn on stairs, window coverings in central stern MDR not functioning properly, bathroom shower/tub had seen better days, water coming up between boards while walking on sports deck. Mind you, there was constant work going on while we were cruising - sometimes to our annoyance as the hammering and grinding to remove old paint and rust would echo through the ship. But would agree with previous poster, the ship was kept very clean except during the last week when we were on Red Alert - the staff was kept very busy having people sanitize hands and serving us everything including packets of sugar, salt and pepper, etc. even in the MDR.

We returned Dec 3 from 31 days on the Statendam. Personally thought it was starting to show some signs of needing refit - carpets worn on stairs, window coverings in central stern MDR not functioning properly, bathroom shower/tub had seen better days, water coming up between boards while walking on sports deck. Mind you, there was constant work going on while we were cruising - sometimes to our annoyance as the hammering and grinding to remove old paint and rust would echo through the ship. But would agree with previous poster, the ship was kept very clean except during the last week when we were on Red Alert - the staff was kept very busy having people sanitize hands and serving us everything including packets of sugar, salt and pepper, etc. even in the MDR.

I did a 35 days to Hawwaii and Polynesian cruise starting in september, I agree with mike 7649. I liked the ports but not the ship, if I had know that she was in this shape I would took the Westerdam (same cruise on another date), I still had a good time on my cruise, cruising with my family,nice cruisecriticfriends and the staff was very friendly.

We had some problem with the toilet, water overflowed into the room (at 22:00pm), and can't use the toilet until next day midday (no water to wash), we had to use public at night and in the morning to wash, not fun.

We where not the only ones, many cabins had this problem. I won't take this ship again, she is to old and even with a dry dock I don't think the problems are solved.

I'm so sorry to tell bad things of this ship but thats is my experience.

Inside have shower and outside have badtub.

I still love to cruise with HAL.

sheba2008