Help! Our itinerary has changed!

momof4boys

Thanks to Hurricane Emily, my 7 months of planning has been changed. Instead of cruising Belize, Cozumel, and Progresso, we are going to Freeport and Nassau. (sp?):eek:

We would like some quick ideas of something fun for our group of 9 (5 boys ages 12-22) and two sets of parents.

We were planning a beach day (beach had toys like iceburg climbing toy, ocean trampoline, kayaks, etc.) We were also going to do the Canopy zip-line thing. The boys love action and adventure!

We are in a hotel (free internet acces!) and ready to depart on Sunday! Thanks for suggestions!:)

At Nassau, reserve a couple of rooms at the Comfort Suites. You'll have full access to all of the aquariums, water park slides, etc. at Atlantis. The slides include one that goes through a clear tube in the shark pool -- so you have sharks all around you as you sail through. The boys should love it. Our boys did.

You can get details on this board, including how to get a good rate. The only difficulty I can see is that each room holds 4 and, unfortunately, you've got 9. So, you'd need three rooms unless one person would be happy just walking the grounds. I think that costs $25 or so. Access to the waters slides requires renting a room.

Another thing we did at Nassau and loved was swimming with the dolphins. Really fun experience for good swimmers. Kind of pricey, though.

Sorry I don't know how to post the links to Atlantis and the Dolphin experience for you. If you look through the boards though, you'll find them.

Good luck with your revised planning. We went through the same drill last year due to a hurricane. In fact, our ship by-passed a planned stop in Nassau much to the disappointment of the boys who couldn't wait to go back to Atlantis. Revising everything last minute can be quite stressful. Take care.

Archived