Lights Under Skywalk on Royal & Regal

Av8tor

They were on in the summer. If the blinds were open, it reminded me of Las Vegas. Some posters have complained, so if you are sensitive I wouldn't book these cabins. Most posters said they had to keep the blinds shut all night.

Edited by hehny

The Royal has the usual privacy curtain and a light-blocking curtain. When closed, I could sort of see whether it was dawn and if there were lights outside my cabin, I wouldn't have been bothered. The curtains do a good job. One thing I noticed about the Royal curtains is that instead of just fitting the space, there was extra so you could easily overlap in the middle and still block light at the sides.

FYI, I've never seen blinds in a cruise ship cabin. I've seen them in public spaces but never in a cabin.

Edited by Pam in CA

That's what I thought, Pam. I've made the same observations as you on previous cruises and wondered if Regal & Royal might be different. Heyny's comment about 'blinds" really threw me off...
This was my cabin on the Royal. You can see that the room darkening drapes go all the way to the sides. They also overlap by several inches in the middle, even when to the wall:

ImageUploadedByForums1388992402.416806.jpg.907f50071d56741308b393f41718e7c3.jpg

Edited by Pam in CA

We were under the Seaview bar on Baja deck and the blue lights were on all night. However, unless you are on a higher deck, they were not an issue. As Pam says the room darkening drapes work great. It was sorta romantic to have the faint blue light when sitting on the balcony at night. They were definitely not garish like Las Vegas.

The blue lights that are under the Sea Walk did not present a problem for us. We are not "light sensitive", but if you are, my concern would be the cabins next to you. The occupants can turn on their balcony, outside light and leave it on all night. It illuminated our balcony as well. I guess that they were using it for a nightlight!