Rita's Fiesta with the premium drink pkg

We are sailing on Allure in March and have booked the Rita's Fiesta Party with cocktails. We are now thinking of purchasing the premium drink package.

Does anyone know if we would still need to pay for the package "with cocktails" to receive the 3 drinks? There is the "without cocktails" option for half the price.

Would Royal refund the difference if we have the drink package?

• 3 weeks later...
We are sailing on Allure in March and have booked the Rita's Fiesta Party with cocktails. We are now thinking of purchasing the premium drink package.

Does anyone know if we would still need to pay for the package "with cocktails" to receive the 3 drinks? There is the "without cocktails" option for half the price.

Would Royal refund the difference if we have the drink package?

Hey HappyCruiser,

We are from London (Ontario), we are on your cruise, booked for the Fiesta and have the same question. We can't decide about the drink package - it seems to be a lot of money but when you add it all up it probably isn't far off what we would pay drink by drink. I was planning on rebooking online without the drinks, if we decide to go for the package - I think we can do that on the website. We have booked our teenagers for the dinner without drinks.

See you at the Cantina

Hopefully someone who knows for sure will jump in here.

When we were on Alllure, one couple in our group of 10 switched to the drinks package. When we went to Rita's for the fiesta we explained and they were immediately credited the $10. each, back to the seapass. They were served drinks right along with the rest of us. Worked great!

Hey HappyCruiser,

We are from London (Ontario), we are on your cruise, booked for the Fiesta and have the same question. We can't decide about the drink package - it seems to be a lot of money but when you add it all up it probably isn't far off what we would pay drink by drink. I was planning on rebooking online without the drinks, if we decide to go for the package - I think we can do that on the website. We have booked our teenagers for the dinner without drinks.

See you at the Cantina

Hopefully someone who knows for sure will jump in here.

We did go ahead and purchase the drink package, then went in to change our reservation for Rita's Fiesta Without alcohol. It was no problem they credited our visa for the difference.....However later that day my sister and her husband tried to change their reservation and she couldn't. So she called RC and a customer service rep said they only sell a certain amount of spots for "without alcohol", but she would likely get credited for the difference when she is onboard.

See you at the Cantina!:)

Okay Happy Cruiser, at your "urging" we are buying the drink package too:D. I will figure out the Fiesta package afterward or on board.

We think it's a great idea! The $400.40 Canadian is a bit of a savings compared to cost of pkg. in US dollars once on board. If our Dollar keeps slipping my guess is that they are going to raise the cost of the Canadian Package.