POLL** What is the first thing that you do???

Trizzy

What is the first thing that you do when you board your Carnival Cruise  

356 members have voted

1. 1. What is the first thing that you do when you board your Carnival Cruise

• Head for the Lido Deck and grab a bite to eat
    • Head to your cabin to check out your room
    • Head to the deck, grab a lounge chair and relax
    • Take a tour of the ship

We stop at the Lobby bar and have a Bloody Mary, then go to our cabin and drop off our carry on luggage, then go have some lunch.

We've been on 31 cruises on 14 different Carnival ships, it really is like going home, so the only exploring we do is to go around to see if we know any of the crew.

Drop off our carryon stuff in our cabin and hopefully meet the room steward.

Ditto. If possible have the Steward come to the cabin. Ask him to remove liquor and beer and stock mini fridge with Diet Cokes. Ask for a Sharps box for my husband.

Tip him/her then.

thank him/her in advance.

Always...( knock on water)...the sharps box is there by dinner. The sodas are loaded by bedtime.

other than maintenance requests ( of which we have had very few) nothing else special is needed. We always get the BEST Stewards on the ship. It is uncanny how that happens time after time.

then...if luggage is there........UNPACK. Then.....I am on a cruise......let the good times.....begin...or well, after muster........let the good times begin.

Our routine the last 2 cruises has been:

We hit a big brunch with friends we stay with prior to embarking, this way we avoid the crowded buffet and Lido deck.

We go to a lounge and sit near a window, it is usually football season so I sit with our bags ( we check none at the airport or with a porter) and watch football, after first opening one of our carry-on wines. My wife and daughter go explore the ship. Eventually we get to our room, I watch more game, the girls head to the buffet for evening meal, bring me back a plate. First day we are bushed, so we turn in early. At times the wife will go out late, but I always stay with the kiddo as she sleeps.

We check our room then off to see about getting our diningroom time if it is not on our card as we want it. (Shame about the change in dining room options. I always loved trying new stuff at dinner.) then off to the deck to watch us sail out! My favorite next to dressing for dinner.

If we have FTTF, room first to drop stuff off. Then to the water, pool or slides and have lots of fun before it gets crowded. Last cruise we went to the aft pool on the dream, had a bottle of wine brought to us in a ice bucket while swimming in the pool, just 3 of us swimming around with our nice glass of wine, it was so relaxing we loved it.

We go straight to our cabin, make love, find the Drink of the Day, and head to to Lido for lunch. Not all of that is true, DW doesn't drink. ;)

Beat me to that one. I was going to say go to the cabin to break in the bed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app