Embarkation day and room service

aggie_gal

Curiosity is getting the best of me and I'm just wondering if room service is available when we get on the ship. We purchased FTTF and my favorite part of room service is the warm cookies and fruit (you know, fruit to offset the cookies). :D

Curiosity is getting the best of me and I'm just wondering if room service is available when we get on the ship. We purchased FTTF and my favorite part of room service is the warm cookies and fruit (you know, fruit to offset the cookies). :D

Room service MAY technically be available, but I would expect to wait longer than usual. Turn around day is very busy for all crew members.

Personally I'd give the crew and break and wait until the ship is well underway.

Fair enough! I know the crew is busy...just thought it would be fun to have something delivered for sail away. But, we can just as easily go up to the Lido. May as well start getting some exercise on the first day!

17 more days!!!!

You can order thru Bon Voyage to have Cookies waiting for you in your room. We do that for the kids. Also have a 4 pack of cold beer waiting for us....Also, they have cabin Decorations...the kids love it! We have them bring chocolate covered strawberries the first evening, along with special gifts for each child. My DH and I are platinum and we get a complementary gift from carnival, so we don't like the kids to feel left out!

I actually just ordered the kids play set for our son to be delivered to our room when we board. I just have a hard time paying for food that I can go to the buffet and get! I'm cheap in that aspect, I know. :rolleyes:

I actually just ordered the kids play set for our son to be delivered to our room when we board. I just have a hard time paying for food that I can go to the buffet and get! I'm cheap in that aspect, I know. :rolleyes:

Dont understand paying extra for food that we have already paid for. Only exception would be the steak house

Edited by golfadj

Fair enough! I know the crew is busy...just thought it would be fun to have something delivered for sail away. But, we can just as easily go up to the Lido. May as well start getting some exercise on the first day!

17 more days!!!!

You could order a gift basket from the website and have it waiting for you in the cabin when you arrive.

You can order thru Bon Voyage to have Cookies waiting for you in your room. We do that for the kids. Also have a 4 pack of cold beer waiting for us....Also, they have cabin Decorations...the kids love it! We have them bring chocolate covered strawberries the first evening, along with special gifts for each child. My DH and I are platinum and we get a complementary gift from carnival, so we don't like the kids to feel left out!

When you order your 4-pack of beer through Bon Voyage are they opened already? Last time we got a 4-pack in a bucket was on Lido and the bartender opened them all at once. DH is the only beer drinker and didn't want to drink all four at the same time, but that left him no choice. Also, is the bucket a souvenir? I read somewhere that they were and you can take them, but our room steward took ours, which lead me to think they're not lol. Thanks

When you order your 4-pack of beer through Bon Voyage are they opened already? Last time we got a 4-pack in a bucket was on Lido and the bartender opened them all at once. DH is the only beer drinker and didn't want to drink all four at the same time, but that left him no choice. Also, is the bucket a souvenir? I read somewhere that they were and you can take them, but our room steward took ours, which lead me to think they're not lol. Thanks

I would have complained that all four were opened.

Beers come unopened from BV. For a little more you can order the cooler with the 4 beers. The cabin steward kept it full of ice all week for our sodas. Very nice.

I have ordered buckets of beer quite a few times from bars and they have never opened all of them. Just tell them to only open one. It really does not make sense since you can take your drinks wherever you want.

Regarding the bucket, I am sure you could keep one but the steward probably thought he was just cleaning the room so if you want to keep it on a future cruise stash it somewhere.

Thanks everyone for all the answers. It was our first cruise so he didn't know that that wasn't their policy, we just figured it was their way of trying to get him to drink more since he'd have to down those four pretty fast before they got nasty. It didn't work though, because all it did was make him tired and go to bed early, and he didn't get any more buckets after that lol. I believe I'll order him one from Bon Voyage then as a present on Embarkation. Thanks again :)

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Beer from BV is not cold when delivered. It's harder to get ice the first day nowadays--steward will bring it last, usually with evening turn down.

Take a small, soft sided cooler and put some ice it in on Lido (use ship cup to put the ice in) and when you see steward ask to have the cooler filled with ice if you plan on getting more. Keep the cooler on the floor os the shower so it doesn't condense all over.

Beer from BV is not cold when delivered. It's harder to get ice the first day nowadays--steward will bring it last, usually with evening turn down.

Take a small, soft sided cooler and put some ice it in on Lido (use ship cup to put the ice in) and when you see steward ask to have the cooler filled with ice if you plan on getting more. Keep the cooler on the floor os the shower so it doesn't condense all over.

The BV beer is unopened and warm, but you can grab one and trade it at any bar for a cold one, and drink them at your leisure.

This is very good to know. Thanks guys!

I always ask them to only open 1 and always carry a extra bottle opener. Ow By the way I usually order fosters cause its cheaper(cause of size)no bottle opener needed. And as far as the buckets goes I always hand my room steward a 20 and ask for a extra bucket of ice and never fails they bring that type of bucket. I guess you could keep it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

Or you could go up to any bar on Lido and ask for a bucket of ice, then fill your cooler. That ice is bigger and doesn't melt as fast. The ice from the beverage stations is like the ice you get from Sonic.