Getaway (Breakaway) BX category questions?

Lovex4

Just booked the Getaway for May and wanted two cabins - a balcony and a close inside cabin. Was told by NCL that the BX category on deck 8 (first 2 forward balconies) and the adjacent inside cabin would be a great location with the best combined value. I was told that the BX was NOT a guarantee and had the largest balcony under a suite. Our family (2 in the balcony and 2 in the inside cabin) would all be able to enjoy the larger balcony together.

Here are my questions of any Breakaway or Getaway veterans with BX experience;

Does this seem like a reasonable accomodation for our situation?

How is the location of the cabin?

Is the balcony indeed large?

How is the view? (It looks like the balcony sets back from the side of the ship and the solid part of the ship wrapping around from the bow may obstruct the view.

Would anyone happen to have a picture of the balcony?

Thanks so much for any help! We have searched the boards but with this class of ship being the newest, I was not able to find much.

Were you actually assigned specific cabin numbers? Please give us the number so we can better answer your questions.

If not, be careful; I believe BX is often used as a guarantee balcony category.

Go to My NCL now, enter your reservation numbers and see if there are cabin numbers for both the balcony and the inside (or if it says guarantee or TBD or such). Promptly verify that the reservation is just as you want it...If not you can fix it or cancel it. As the cruise approaches, your options to fix any issues diminishes as the cruise books up.

Were you actually assigned specific cabin numbers? Please give us the number so we can better answer your questions.

If not, be careful; I believe BX is often used as a guarantee balcony category.

Go to My NCL now, enter your reservation numbers and see if there are cabin numbers for both the balcony and the inside (or if it says guarantee or TBD or such). Promptly verify that the reservation is just as you want it...If not you can fix it or cancel it. As the cruise approaches, your options to fix any issues diminishes as the cruise books up.

We were assigned cabins #8710 and #8708 - no mention of guarantee. Only the cabin numbers were listed on the confirmations.

A poster named Bear did a ton of detailed work on breaking down the Breakaway's cabins (which should be the same as Getaway). Check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843049

Might not answer all your questions, though.

Great information, thanks for the help. I would still love to see some photos if anyone has them. It looks like the view from the balcony may not be so great since the rail sits inside the ship with what looks like a small walk area between the rail and side of the ship.