A YC2 (12004) vs deck 15

legion3

I have done some research but was wondering, who would choose the YC2 12004 over being "in" the Yacht club on deck 15 or 16?

How much more would someone be willing to pay for the bigger room? but no balcony?

How much of a hassle is it to go up 3 decks vs just turning left or right to the topsail?

Just wondering aloud.

Cheers

I have done some research but was wondering, who would choose the YC2 12004 over being "in" the Yacht club on deck 15 or 16?

How much more would someone be willing to pay for the bigger room? but no balcony?

How much of a hassle is it to go up 3 decks vs just turning left or right to the topsail?

Just wondering aloud.

Cheers

Because they are FAMILY suites with two sleeping areas, and as kids sail free (even in the YC) some people willl pay the little bit extra for the "privacy" of two sleeping area.

YC1 cabins are not exactly generous, 240sq. ft, especiallly for 4 people.

YC2 are 450 or 530 sq. ft.

Pete

Kids sail free does not apply to the Yacht Club, $350 for each kid in the yc next december. But for that sailing even an ov standard on deck 5 the kids would be paying $50 each.

So the kids sail free is not always and in the case of $50 is token cost but its still not free.

That said the extra room would be nice of the yc2

Kids sail free does not apply to the Yacht Club, $350 for each kid in the yc next december. But for that sailing even an ov standard on deck 5 the kids would be paying $50 each.

So the kids sail free is not always and in the case of $50 is token cost but its still not free.

That said the extra room would be nice of the yc2

Kids did sail free (it has always been only the price of the cruise element that was free. Taxes, port fees and flights were always charged for) on Med cruises when I went in the YC whch I thought was amazing, I know when they first started the YC they didn't go free.

I assume the $50 are port charges

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I have to admit it was a tough choice because I do love a balcony......but 2 full rooms !

YouTube the YC2 cabins......love it.

I always have coffee & pastry delivered at 7am. Now to have a living room is fab.

Also there are the floor to ceiling windows so you have a fabulous view.

It is a tough trade off but I could not pass by the sq. footage.

If we do the Yacht Club again....I will probably make the same choice.

We cruise 3 times a year,usually in a mini suite on other cruise lines. I will enjoy the balcony on those cruises.

I am worried when MSC gets really established here, it will become much more expensive for those rooms & I would probably not want to travel in anything less then the Yacht Club once I have experienced it.

Cost was definitely a factor in going on this cruise.

We paid $1550. Pp and are going in 3 weeks. Cannot get any thing close to this for that amount on any other cruise line......pure luxury !

I have to admit it was a tough choice because I do love a balcony......but 2 full rooms !

YouTube the YC2 cabins......love it.

I always have coffee & pastry delivered at 7am. Now to have a living room is fab.

Also there are the floor to ceiling windows so you have a fabulous view.

It is a tough trade off but I could not pass by the sq. footage.

If we do the Yacht Club again....I will probably make the same choice.

We cruise 3 times a year,usually in a mini suite on other cruise lines. I will enjoy the balcony on those cruises.

I am worried when MSC gets really established here, it will become much more expensive for those rooms & I would probably not want to travel in anything less then the Yacht Club once I have experienced it.

Cost was definitely a factor in going on this cruise.

We paid $1550. Pp and are going in 3 weeks. Cannot get any thing close to this for that amount on any other cruise line......pure luxury !

Better than you tube are the 360 views on the MSC web site

Page 2 of the cabins and suites tab of this link

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Ships/MSC-Divina.aspx

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Nope kids dont sail free in the yc. At least on Divina out of Miami.

The msc usa website even states "excluding msc yacht club"

However the $50 was cruise fare. Taxes from Miami were $260. So for an OV the kids would be $310

In the yc the kids are $350 + 260 so both kids go for over $1000. Adult 1 and 2 cruise fare is subtantially higher priced.

This booking is over a holiday period so perhaps that is the reason but after test booking several Divina cruises at different times I can assure you that Kids sail free is not always true. Sometimes its minimal cost but I have seen plenty of non-free kids fares.

Edited by legion3

Better than you tube are the 360 views on the MSC web site

Page 2 of the cabins and suites tab of this link

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Ships/MSC-Divina.aspx

Pete

My only concern now is the weather. We have to get from California to Florida in just a few weeks.

Tonights news says they have cancelled over a thousand flights so far for tomorrow because of the storms back east. Hate to think of what would happen if we are going this weekend.

My only concern now is the weather. We have to get from California to Florida in just a few weeks.

Tonights news says they have cancelled over a thousand flights so far for tomorrow because of the storms back east. Hate to think of what would happen if we are going this weekend.

Thats why it's always better have open plan ticket for cruise vacation ....

You see storm coming leave a day early.

:-)

Nope kids dont sail free in the yc. At least on Divina out of Miami.

The msc usa website even states "excluding msc yacht club"

However the $50 was cruise fare. Taxes from Miami were $260. So for an OV the kids would be $310

In the yc the kids are $350 + 260 so both kids go for over $1000. Adult 1 and 2 cruise fare is subtantially higher priced.

This booking is over a holiday period so perhaps that is the reason but after test booking several Divina cruises at different times I can assure you that Kids sail free is not always true. Sometimes its minimal cost but I have seen plenty of non-free kids fares.

We are booked in the yacht club March 22-29 and I can assure you my toddler is sailing for free! Trip bought and paid for. My fare and my adult daughter's fare were not any higher priced with or without my little one.

We are booked in the yacht club March 22-29 and I can assure you my toddler is sailing for free! Trip bought and paid for. My fare and my adult daughter's fare were not any higher priced with or without my little one.

I can assure you that my 5 year old is not sailing free in the yacht club over Christmas. Nor will my 8 year old.

That said on MSC's web page it does say "excluding MSC Yacht Club" so consider yourself lucky your toddler sails free.

Perhaps your voyage is not selling well and they applied it. Try a mock booking for next Christmas and see if the kid is still free.

I wish ours were free.

doing a mock boarding for your cruise and yes some YC1 cabins are still available I get akids fare of $ 249 not free.

March 22 sailing

Stateroom type YC1 - Deluxe Suite

Number of Guests: 2 Adults 1 Child

1° guest

Cruise rate $1,549.00

First Guest Fare $287.05

2° guest

Cruise rate $1,549.00

Second Guest Fare $287.05

3° guest

Cruise rate $249.00

Third Guest Fare $287.05

doing a mock boarding for your cruise and yes some YC1 cabins are still available I get akids fare of $ 249 not free.

March 22 sailing

1° guest

Cruise rate $1,549.00

First Guest Fare $287.05

2° guest

Cruise rate $1,549.00

3° guest

Cruise rate $249.00

Third Guest Fare $287.05

Whoo whee...we sure were lucky ! Just looked at my cruise docs again...my toddler was charged port fee and tax of $100 and cruise fare is $0. We booked six months ago so maybe I got a special. I know my TA is amazing...been booking cruises with him for over ten years and 30+ cruises.

Just did a mock booking myself and child fare was indeed $249. This was NOT the case when I booked. Definitely got a good deal six months ago and obviously MSC is not running the same special. I also paid much less than the current adult fare of $1549.

Edited by kathiean

March 22 sailing

1° guest

Cruise rate $1,549.00

First Guest Fare $287.05

2° guest

Cruise rate $1,549.00

3° guest

Cruise rate $249.00

Third Guest Fare $287.05

Dummy booking on the UK web site at 03:10 4 jan 2014 I couldn't get a 22 mar 2014 sailing only a 14 night beginning 15 mar 2014 which would include 22 mar..

So my prices are approx. USD 2060 for 14 nights i assume your USD price is a 7 night cruise (£1 = USD 1.65) If so it's cheaper to book via MSC UK

US price USD 221 per night

UK price USD 147 per night

30% saving

frechild.jpg

it says 3rd guest CRUISE RATE is FREE (presumably the child). It does however say the Fare is £120(USD 198) (presumably taxes and port charges).

Which is what I've said all along

Pete

Edited by Skier52

In other thread its clear the UK website has better deals and does appear the kids sail free is accurate but not MSC USA

MSC may find if some people ate getting better deals via the UK and are getting kind of cheated by MSC USA they may find a problem.

Skier can you do a mock boarding for christmas for a yc1 on the Divina from the uk site? I will try would like to see if I am overpaying and by whay?

I can try too I suppose.

Whoo whee...we sure were lucky ! Just looked at my cruise docs again...my toddler was charged port fee and tax of $100 and cruise fare is $0. We booked six months ago so maybe I got a special. I know my TA is amazing...been booking cruises with him for over ten years and 30+ cruises.

Just did a mock booking myself and child fare was indeed $249. This was NOT the case when I booked. Definitely got a good deal six months ago and obviously MSC is not running the same special. I also paid much less than the current adult fare of $1549.

Maybe you booked through the uk website or perhaps usa website was still a work in progress.

I am going to book via the UK website and compare the two. If its a huge difference I might cancel our booked cruise altogether and go with a comperable product which has its pricing all on the same page.

Port fees are suppose to be a set fee based on port of embarkation and ports of call yet you pay $100 while a US pays $287?

Beginning to seriously doubt MSC Divina for christmas.

Tried to book via the UK website but it won't let me and does not go out to December that I can see.

Probably not a big deal as MSC yacht club prices are still better or compareable to other cruises in this area currently over christmas, of course NCL prices might go down do MSC's?

The suites for NCL are currently pricing for us between $6637 -9637 depending on cabin choice and ship. $5204 for a standard suite not in the haven. The Haven ship is much more money for a in the Haven suite. But no set private dining for dinner (and the ships with the haven the menu never changes for dinner) and no free booze and no high tea etc...

for the $ MSC YC seems to offer the better choice.

Celebrity concierge class is running $5596 and RCCL Suite is $9848

all were Florida departures.

Still kind of annoying that some kids do sail free in the YC and some don't or won't.

need to shake this off and get back to being excited.

cheers

Sorry to all that this thread deviated, my fault. We can still book 12004 for about $300 more but my DW nixed the idea, not fond of the kids in a seperate room. Would rather be where we can see them. Also since we have not had a balcony before is looking forward to sitting out with a glass of wine. We aren't sunworshipers so the size of balcony is adequate for sitting and watching the sea go by.

In other thread its clear the UK website has better deals and does appear the kids sail free is accurate but not MSC USA

MSC may find if some people ate getting better deals via the UK and are getting kind of cheated by MSC USA they may find a problem.

Skier can you do a mock boarding for christmas for a yc1 on the Divina from the uk site? I will try would like to see if I am overpaying and by whay?

I can try too I suppose.

THe UK web site only goes up to and including November 2014 so unfortunately I can't do a dummy booking for Christmas at the moment

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Just done a dummy booking with my details in for the 14 day cruise starting 15 mar 2014

Cost for a YC1 is £999.20pp ($1649) :) Black card discount applied :D

Might get an even better deal via my usual TA!!

Shame my DW is a teacher so we can't go then!!!:mad:

interestingly the B3 cabin is £839.20 ($1385) but that would need to add the allegrisimo package on to be comparable to a YC1

Allegrismo is £20 per day ($33)

So 14 x £20 = £280 ($462)

Total cost of B3 is £839.20 + £280 = £1119.20 ($1847)

So would you pay £999.20 ($1649) and get the drinks, butlers, priorities, exclusives etc. or, £1119.2 ($1847) for cabin + drinks and NO PERKS

£120 ($198) more for an awful lot less!!!!:mad::mad:

aaa.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Looking at the image above I noticed that Cat I1, I2, B1 and B2 are all the same price :confused::confused:

So why have a inside when you can have a balcony?????:confused::confused:

That makes an Inside + AI just £120 ($198) cheaper than a YC1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's only £8.57 ($14.14) per person per day

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Well there will always be some folks who want an inside for personal preference. But I agree if the price is the same why not go balcony.

Does MSC have an air add on for UK citizens for the Divina?

It looks like the UK cruise fares are pretty good but then you have to add on air travel costs to Miami or Florida. I know lots of UK citizens travel every year and vacation in Florida, disney especially, so I assume airfares are doable but does MSC have deals?

Well there will always be some folks who want an inside for personal preference. But I agree if the price is the same why not go balcony.

Does MSC have an air add on for UK citizens for the Divina?

It looks like the UK cruise fares are pretty good but then you have to add on air travel costs to Miami or Florida. I know lots of UK citizens travel every year and vacation in Florida, disney especially, so I assume airfares are doable but does MSC have deals?

Yes there is a facility to get cruise/fly deals but they are not always available

pete