Electrical Outlets on Avaln Visionary

Nurse Carol

We are booked on a Rhine river cruise on the Avalon Visionary in June 2014. Does anyone know what type electrical outlets that are available in the cabins - 110 or 220? Also does anyone know the location of the port where the boat docks in Amsterdam?

Hi Nurse Carol,

When we were on Avalon, we needed the Type B adapter. It is the one with the 2 round prongs. Hope this helps. We are looking very much forward to June when we are sailing on the Visionary.

Lynn

Did you use a converter and/or dual voltage devices? An adapter doesn't technically tell us the voltage (110 or 220). Though I'd go out on a limb and guess it was 220;)

Avalon mentions hotels at 220/240 on p 11 but I didn't see a declarative statement about the boats (yet, I'm skimming ;-): http://www.avalonwaterways.com/user/know-before-you-go/europe/know-before-you-go-avalon-europe.pdf

Edited by Hoyaheel

Did you use a converter and/or dual voltage devices? An adapter doesn't technically tell us the voltage (110 or 220). Though I'd go out on a limb and guess it was 220;)

Avalon mentions hotels at 220/240 on p 11 but I didn't see a declarative statement about the boats (yet, I'm skimming ;-): http://www.avalonwaterways.com/user/know-before-you-go/europe/know-before-you-go-avalon-europe.pdf

For the devices that we took all we needed was adapter. We had Iphone 4, Ipad 2 and hubby's shaver.

From the Apple store - the white box on the IPhone charger has a converter - read the very small print and it says 100-240 volt. Europe is 220 v so no problem with, for instance the IPhone.

But again, read the small print on the chargers you need to take for your devices.

Thanks for all your posts. Being from the U.S. I will need an electrical converter right? Will they allow me to use my curling iron and straightener with a converter? I was on an older European cruise ship before where they wouldn't allow them even on board.

Thanks for all your posts. Being from the U.S. I will need an electrical converter right? Will they allow me to use my curling iron and straightener with a converter? I was on an older European cruise ship before where they wouldn't allow them even on board.

I didn't see anything in the brochure I posted earlier, but my cruise hasn't happened yet so I don't know if there are additional documents they send you forbidding it.

Personally, I do NOT use converters with hair appliances. Too scary! I have 220v appliances I travel with (and when they eventually die, I'll look for dual voltage or buy 220v replacements just for travel)

Edited by Hoyaheel