Suite Perks - POA - info please :)

diamondgirl30

I am thrilled that my parents were able to upgrade for just a few hundred dollars to a two bedroom aft suite for their Hawaii cruise on the POA. When we originally booked their cruise a few months ago the suite was a couple thousand more, but I noticed the other night that they price was just a few hundred difference from their original booking, so we called and got it upgraded, hooray!

It will be their first time as suite guests so I am trying to do some research so they are prepared for their 'suite experience'! Just a couple questions - I have searched through the posts but just not quite sure of the answer. Is there reserved seating at the shows for suite guests? I have also read that there are shows you must book in advance and cost $$ or am I mistaken? And can they order off the regular diningroom menu to have delivered to their suite? (I have read conflicting reports on this). Any additional tips or advice so that they may enjoy their suite experience to the fullest are welcome :)

I am thrilled that my parents were able to upgrade for just a few hundred dollars to a two bedroom aft suite for their Hawaii cruise on the POA. When we originally booked their cruise a few months ago the suite was a couple thousand more, but I noticed the other night that they price was just a few hundred difference from their original booking, so we called and got it upgraded, hooray!

It will be their first time as suite guests so I am trying to do some research so they are prepared for their 'suite experience'! Just a couple questions - I have searched through the posts but just not quite sure of the answer. Is there reserved seating at the shows for suite guests? I have also read that there are shows you must book in advance and cost $$ or am I mistaken? And can they order off the regular diningroom menu to have delivered to their suite? (I have read conflicting reports on this). Any additional tips or advice so that they may enjoy their suite experience to the fullest are welcome :)

The theater on POA is only 1 level so I'm assuming the reserved seating will be on the left side when facing the stage, they can ask their concierge once on board. They will not find the shows that well intended due to the cruise being so port intensive so I would not worry about seating.

There is no charge for any of the shows on this ship/cruise.

Yes they can order off the dining room menu.

As for tipping for both butler and concierge it will depend on how much they use either.

From experience we've never needed the conciegre services but they will make dinner reservations and book any shore excursions. The butler will deliver what they want to their room ie: afternoon snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The butler will also deliver meals from the any of the specialty dining rooms but they will be charged the up charge(excluding Cagney's breakfast)

Using the search engine here is a link that you may want to read through for more info on tipping etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=47392944

Edited by Ilovesailing

There is no pre-reservable entertainment on older ships (pre-Epic) so the answer for POA is "no". I'm not sure about paid entertainment, if there is then it's murder mystery luncheon because of the food included - all other (read: non-food including) entertainment on NCL ships is "free".

We were in a suite on POA last summer and there was no reserved show seating, but it didn't seem like a problem. No cost for any of the shows. Yes you can have dining room meals brought to your cabin, and also any of the specialty restaurant meals (for the surcharge price). We enjoyed the suite breakfast at Cagney's each morning, and they allowed us to bring up to two guests with us. The concierge is there in the mornings to answer questions about each port, make dinner reservations for you if you want, and generally make sure you are having a great time. It was wonderful! Well worth the upgrade price.