Where does Royal Caribbean dock?

relaxlynn

This will be our first time to Roatan. Can anyone tell me where Royal Caribbean docks? Is there a beach nearby? I was looking at Little French Key but with a large group it can get pricey fast. So something close, kid friendly, with loungers, restrooms and food would be perfect. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We will be there on Navigator in March.

Coxen Hole, no real nice beaches nearby. Bite the bullet and hire a taxi or a private driver (Bodden or others) and head to West Bay Beach.

Totally agree! West Bay Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever visited. We were there, though, in 2003 before the island started getting commercialized. I'm going there again in 2015 and sure hope West Bay Beach will be as lovely as it used to be. The water was warm and clear green/blue and sand was silky and white. Hardly anyone was on the beach and we got 2 chairs for $5. Our taxi driver waited for us so he could get the round trip fare, even though we stayed most of the day.

Before heading to the beach, we walked into Coxen Hole and the people were so friendly. Went to an Internet cafe and shopped around. My daughter and I felt very safe, but not sure how it is now.

Totally agree! West Bay Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever visited. We were there, though, in 2003 before the island started getting commercialized. I'm going there again in 2015 and sure hope West Bay Beach will be as lovely as it used to be. The water was warm and clear green/blue and sand was silky and white. Hardly anyone was on the beach and we got 2 chairs for $5. Our taxi driver waited for us so he could get the round trip fare, even though we stayed most of the day.

Before heading to the beach, we walked into Coxen Hole and the people were so friendly. Went to an Internet cafe and shopped around. My daughter and I felt very safe, but not sure how it is now.

Also meant to add:

Carnival Corp ships (Carnival, Princess, HAL, Costa, etc) dock at the new pier (Mahogany Bay Cruise Center) which has a beach, shopping, and a chairlift between the pier and beach (for $12 all day pass, but also there's a flat walkway which is just as easy and free); all other cruiselines dock at the old pier nearer the town of Coxen Hole.

First went on a girls cruise stop in March 2012. Went to West End and did a dive with West End Divers then a taxi to West Bay Beach for a few hours. That was it - I was sold. Came home and told dh we had to go back to dive etc....

Second visit in July 2013 - one week at Infinity Bay condos...... dh and I. Dove all week - some golf - some sightseeing with a driver - that was it - dh was sold too !

Third visit was December 2013 - we took son, daughter in law and daughter for a week at Christmas again at Infinity Bay condo. Dove all week, dolphin encounter at Anthonys Key, dune buggy tour/mud bog with Sandblasters. That was it - kids are sold too.....

Roatan has grown like crazy but the people are still friendly, the place still has a small island feel (altho that is in danger) and for now is our #1 Caribbean destination (we have been to almost all the islands). West Bay beach could be alot more crowded than when you were there before but it is still GORGEOUS.

This will be our first time to Roatan. Can anyone tell me where Royal Caribbean docks? Is there a beach nearby? I was looking at Little French Key but with a large group it can get pricey fast. So something close, kid friendly, with loungers, restrooms and food would be perfect. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We will be there on Navigator in March.

I used Google earth, Roatan. Might get closer by using Coxen Hole.