Is Forward, Mid, or Aft better to book for early saver?

I've read that when you book early saver that you can get price drops only if that specific room type is still available.

So would I be better off booking forward, mid, or aft? (inside room)

Or does that matter for price drops?

Also we are looking at June or July. Is either month more likely to have a price drop?

Thank you in advance.

I've read that when you book early saver that you can get price drops only if that specific room type is still available.

So would I be better off booking forward, mid, or aft? (inside room)

Or does that matter for price drops?

Also we are looking at June or July. Is either month more likely to have a price drop?

Thank you in advance.

Location of cabin is personal preference. We love aft. The next person loves forward...etc.

As far as price drops....if anything...prices will go up. The most expensive cruises are when children are out of school. Supply and demand. If you see a cruise at an affordable price, I suggest you to book it now, as it will only go up up up.:o

Edited by susie8862
xxxx

Specific categories with few cabins have less chance of price drops which is obvious.

Mid ship is presumed more favourable by most so more likely to sell first and be in demand.

I love aft as its in most cases close to pool areas and buffets just above and where most mid ship first timers wished they booked!

Close to an elevator aft or forward is very very handy, I have yet to hear excessive noise from a cabin close to an elevator.

Far forward or far aft will be the best bet for a future price drop.

I always choose far aft but for the first time I have booked far forward:eek:

Just to see if forward is the worst position most say it is.

If you're at all prone to motion sickness, book mid-ship on a lower deck.

Have a look at the deck plans. A category 4B may be midship on one deck but forward and aft on the next deck up, because midship is more popular.

I don't particularly like aft. I don't think easy access to the buffet or pool is something I want. I stuff myself enough as it is!

And there most definitely is more motion in the bow. Whether or not that is an issue depends on the person. Some people like it.

I don't really understand the question, though. Where you book has nothing to do with whether prices might drop. Except, say, you book a porthole cabin and there are only 12 of them on the entire ship. They'll book up, so Carnival has no incentive to drop the price on them.

Price drops have everything to do with how the cruise is selling and which categories are selling. If you happen to book at a really good price and the sailing is selling well, there may be no price drops.

Also remember that you CAN get any price drop for which you qualify up til final payment under any fare. You don't have to book ES. That only gives you price drops between final payment and sailing. I rarely book ES, so I simply stop checking fares once I make final payment. :D

How do you get a price drop before final payment if not booked early saver?

My TA told me last year I couldn't do that. So I said I wanted to cancel cruise and rebook same cruise on different day. She said carnival might come back and charge me what first cruise was going to be since I booked same itinerary.

Did TA make that up?

I was booked instant saver I think.

If you're at all prone to motion sickness, book mid-ship on a lower deck.

Have a look at the deck plans. A category 4B may be midship on one deck but forward and aft on the next deck up, because midship is more popular.

I don't particularly like aft. I don't think easy access to the buffet or pool is something I want. I stuff myself enough as it is!

And there most definitely is more motion in the bow. Whether or not that is an issue depends on the person. Some people like it.

I don't really understand the question, though. Where you book has nothing to do with whether prices might drop. Except, say, you book a porthole cabin and there are only 12 of them on the entire ship. They'll book up, so Carnival has no incentive to drop the price on them.

Price drops have everything to do with how the cruise is selling and which categories are selling. If you happen to book at a really good price and the sailing is selling well, there may be no price drops.

Also remember that you CAN get any price drop for which you qualify up til final payment under any fare. You don't have to book ES. That only gives you price drops between final payment and sailing. I rarely book ES, so I simply stop checking fares once I make final payment. :D