MSC Armonia drydock Aug31st to Nov 17th

pat1954

As seen on MSC'S own website Armonia is being refitted or 'stretched' from 31st Aug till 17th Nov what happens to my cruise booking 26th Sept T/A hasn't had any info and I have phoned MSC uk and they don't know as I'm booked for cruise only and all hotel bookings and flights are not changeable I need to know soon anyone heard anything?

As seen on MSC'S own website Armonia is being refitted or 'stretched' from 31st Aug till 17th Nov what happens to my cruise booking 26th Sept T/A hasn't had any info and I have phoned MSC uk and they don't know as I'm booked for cruise only and all hotel bookings and flights are not changeable I need to know soon anyone heard anything?

The dates are confirmed by MSC. There is a link in this quote from the repo thread.

Dry Dock

The MSC Lirica class will undergo a ‘renaissance’ stretching and refitting program as follows:

MSC Armonia (2004): August 31 to November 17 2014

MSC Sinfonia (2005): January 12 to March 16 2015

MSC Opera (2004): May 2 to July 4 2015

MSC Lirica (2003): August 31 to November 9 2015

Those of us on the Armonia this Winter are victims of the same high-handed behaviour. We first learned that our cruises were cancelled by seeing the same ship advertised by MSC, with some enthusiasm, in a different part of the World at the same time! We, like you, asked MSC UK for information and, like you, none was available.

Eventually we received an offer to transfer itineraries, a discount off a future cruise, or a refund of deposit.

Claims for compensation for irrecoverable expenses, e.g. non-refundable flight costs (the taxes are generally refundable) and lost deposits on hotels, were "considered on an individual basis" but in practice those who claimed received onboard credit for the amount of the loss on production of receipts and proof of cancellations.

I wish you luck - it was a long drawn out process for us. I would ask your travel agent to in turn ask MSC to escalate this to head office, aka 'Napoli', ASAP.

Tim.

Edited by Skipper Tim

One possibility is that the sailing will go ahead on a different ship. Under their T&Cs they'll either offer you an alternative or give you a full refund of your deposit. They are not obliged to cover other costs as you booked cruise only, but it's possible with a lot of determination they'll make an offer that will cover other losses.

As Tim says, your TA needs to be on their case to find out what they are intending offering you instead.

Thanks for info I'll see what happens.....Skipper Tim enjoyed your guide to collecting points thought I did well getting 45000 for one cruise to Caribbean this coming march 20000 for booking RCI Jewel of seas 10 points per pound at Avios 22500 for flights from BA and 2500 for paying on c/c thats five return flights to Genoa or Copenhagen they don't do MSC cruises in Avios shop. Cruise was the same price as all other quotes I had.I don't get them till a month after I'm back

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck Pat. I hope you've got the stomach for a long, drawn out saga!

yes Msc are very unhelpful my cruise has been cancelled and if you want to read the sorry saga I've been posting on thread.... MSC, cruise cancelled four weeks out??? .....

Edited by pat1954

yes Msc are very unhelpful my cruise has been cancelled and if you want to read the sorry saga I've been posting on thread.... MSC, cruise cancelled four weeks out??? .....

Hi Pat.

I have been reading your saga. Have you seen the roll call for the MSC Armonia from Las Palmas 22nd March?

There were 26 of us on the original booking when MSC changed the Armonia's season from the Red Sea to the Canaries.

Lots of flights, hotels and out of pocket expenses! We're all (I think) covered by OBC now, but were still very unhappy about how we were treated. Finding out via cc is poor, poor customer service. It's also the 3rd time MSC have changed a booking on me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by papcx

• 2 weeks later...