Promotional Samples in bathrooms?

jen1016

When we were on the Breeze this past November I had forgotten my razor, I called our room steward to see if he had any, since honestly on our past 3 cruises razors had been a staple "freebee". Turns out these are all "freebees" given to Carnival to promote items and they will vary with time. He was very apologetic as he explained this to me and said maybe check the fun shops. I did this once they opened only to find the BIC disposable razors they normally sell were sold out (guess I wasn't the only one, lol). My next step was to make this a priority at our first port.

Long story short, once we got back to our room that second night, first sea day, there was a wonderful package of disposal BIC razors on the bed! This was the perfect example of the excellent customer service Carnival provides, I made sure that not only was he well tipped but sent a letter to Carnival customer service with his and his team to ensure they knew what a wonderful team they had!

Very nice result for you. We never have used the razors and always left them behind.

The baskets have been kind of sad here lately. I can remember when it would be stuffed to the gills with goodies. You never knew quite what would be there, but usually toothpaste, razor, shampoo samples, and anything else from sample OTC meds to lotions to coupons. One year they even had a cheesy romance novel they were giving out.

I sailed twice in 2013 and got toothpaste and some hand lotion back in January, just the toothpaste in September (and this was in a suite so I don't think that makes any difference!) Haven't seen the razors in at least two years.

The baskets have been kind of sad here lately. I can remember when it would be stuffed to the gills with goodies. You never knew quite what would be there, but usually toothpaste, razor, shampoo samples, and anything else from sample OTC meds to lotions to coupons. One year they even had a cheesy romance novel they were giving out.

I sailed twice in 2013 and got toothpaste and some hand lotion back in January, just the toothpaste in September (and this was in a suite so I don't think that makes any difference!) Haven't seen the razors in at least two years.

I remember getting the cheezy romance novel. One time my we got a box of "Just for Men" hair color. I gave it to a dear friend who is like a brother to me as a gag gift for his birthday. The look on his face was priceless.

We used to get some great items in the baskets.

I remember getting the cheezy romance novel. One time my we got a box of "Just for Men" hair color. I gave it to a dear friend who is like a brother to me as a gag gift for his birthday. The look on his face was priceless.

We used to get some great items in the baskets.

I remember one basket that had a bunch of stomach meds in it - Pepcid, fiber supplements and something else I think. We saw it and got a good laugh thinking that a cruise ship would with all the food and overindulgence would certainly be where'd I'd want to market a stomach med! :p