Costa to Sail From Miami

cruisetrail

Costa second best ship the Luminosa ...

Second best? Per whose rankings? One can only be in a position to rank the entire Costa fleet if one has sailed on every single Costa ship. Have you? If not, please be respectful of the readers of this forum and refrain from passing off your uninformed and biased opinions as "facts".

In the Caribbean??

No. I have at least 10 better options there.

It's possible in the Mediterranean if Costa happens to be in the right place at the right time.

OK, I'll bite...why at least 10 better options?

We are cruising the Luminosa on 3/7, for 10 days. We chose it because we are divers and plan to dive at almost all the ports. And you just can't beat the price, especially since they have upgraded us.

I have no doubt that we will experience some disappointments, but that usually happens at some level, on most cruises. Whatever the case, for us, this cruise has really been one of the best options of the season. Very much looking forward to it, even if we do experience a disappointment or two....or more.

Second best? Per whose rankings? One can only be in a position to rank the entire Costa fleet if one has sailed on every single Costa ship. Have you? If not, please be respectful of the readers of this forum and refrain from passing off your uninformed and biased opinions as "facts".

I can explain why if you ask.

As you are not asking but giving instructions, the answer is: it's a matter of competence. :)

Edited by cruisetrail

We are cruising the Luminosa on 3/7, for 10 days. We chose it because we are divers and plan to dive at almost all the ports. And you just can't beat the price, especially since they have upgraded us.

I have no doubt that we will experience some disappointments, but that usually happens at some level, on most cruises. Whatever the case, for us, this cruise has really been one of the best options of the season. Very much looking forward to it, even if we do experience a disappointment or two....or more.

Because this is highly competitive market with various choices.

Easily: 5 RCI ships, 3 Princess, 2 HAL in any consequence - just to name a few.

Look at the Carnival Ecstasy (my favorite example).

Are there better options in the Caribbean?:)

But she sails full.

Why?

Because cruising is a pleasure. Many people have their own reasons to take a particular cruise on a particular ship...

I don't want you to experience any disappointment...

Do your home work and plan your cruise accordingly.

I have cruised on the best ships and worst ships and never been "disappointed".

Happy cruising!

Edited by cruisetrail

Because this is highly competitive market with various choices.

Easily: 5 RCI ships, 3 Princess, 2 HAL in any consequence - just to name a few.

Look at the Carnival Ecstasy (my favorite example).

Are there better options in the Caribbean?:)

But she sails full.

Why?

Because cruising is a pleasure. Many people have their own reasons to take a particular cruise on a particular ship...

I don't want you to experience any disappointment...

Do your home work and plan your cruise accordingly.

I have cruised on the best ships and worst ships and never been "disappointed".

Happy cruising!

Thanks!! I'm looking forward to a very enjoyable cruise. Perhaps my disappointments have to do with the fact that I like cruising, but don't love it. I much prefer land based vacations, but cruises do have their certain charm. My husband loves cruising, found this one, and for us as divers, it was a deal we couldn't pass up.

I've been on all the cruiselines you mentioned, and have had issues, but nothing major that ruined the cruise for us. I also get your point about competence and have prepared accordingly, based on what I heard. I have no doubt it will be a "happy cruise".

• 3 weeks later...

SO true were booked too . We`ve been on 30 cruises all cruise food gotten to be CHEAPENED looks good but taste has alot to be desired . But I always say your not gonna go hungry . we`ve been on the alantica n the meditrannea had a good time and went home over weight .