Glory Disembark Flight Time Question

As I've read here on CruiseCritic, it seems the best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral is a Budget Rental Car. This is what we plan to do. My question is for those who've sailed Glory, what has been the earliest/latest time of disembarkation (self & otherways). We are looking at a 11:20am flight from orlando. I know Carnival says don't book earlier than 12pm, but surely you have some cushion time in there ?? Is the 11:20am possible ??

Thanks everyone for all the wisdon I have gained from this board!!

its a 45 minute drive time to Orlando. You will be renting a car before you head to the port? the wait til to rent a car is how long>?

Airport security-please allow at least 2 hours for security checks-especially on the weekend. You will have to be at the airport by 9:20?? which means you must be off the ship by 8:30 Whats the next flight out of there?

You just had a great relaxing vacation- why ruin it with the stress of catching a flight. Try booking a later flight. be one of the last off the ship. Leisurely rent your car. and take your time with the drive.

Onthe otehr hand-- you can try the self assist. Carry your own luggage off and be one of the first off.

I totally agree with Serene. The airport in Orlando (as most major airports) can get bogged down with security. And then sometimes getting off the ship cn be delayed due to immigration, etc. I think you are cutting it much too close. In fact, I think the noon time is a bit tight. Just my opinion. But, as Serene said, why get stressed at the end of your cruise. Take it slow and easy.

We sailed the Glory 4/9 and originally had booked a 11:40 flight and were going to do self-assist and arrange for transportation. Good thing we changed it because we were late getting back to port and the first self-assist deck wasn't even called until after 9:15 a.m. We didn't do self-assist and our deck was called around 10:00 a.m. Took us exactly two hours from the time our deck was called to get down to customs, luggage and onto the Mears bus and to Orlando. I'd book the later flight if you can.

The only way that's going to work is if everything goes just right. On our trip in May, we got back into port right at 7 AM and started disembarking self assist at 8. If the ship is a little late, that's probably going to mess you up.

We had a flight at 3, and did not use the self assist. We disembarked about 10:30, used the Mears shuttle, and got off at the airport about 12:30 (the driver had a hard time finding some people's luggage at the airport - they tried to sort them by airline when they loaded the bus, but messed it up, so that probably burned up an extra half hour).

As has been mentioned here, you might want to consider a later flight just to avoid the stress of wondering if you're going to make the flight.

Archived