123 GO with online TA

güerejo

Just wanted to give an update... STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM THIS COMPANY!! After playing phone tag for days (who has heard of a TA not open on weekends?), I was told they needed to see my confirmation email from Celebrity to determine what they could offer. It's there policy they can't tell you anything by voicemail or email (presumably so you can't hold them responsible). I had already offered my booking information on my first call but was told they didn't need it. The agent then had to check with a supervisor as she didn't know if the promo applied. By the time they finally got their act together, the promo had expired. Management was equally terrible and never followed up as promised. Quite frankly, at that point I wouldn't have transferred my booking to them if they gave me the cruise for free! I will keep my booking with Celebrity and hope for price drops/suite guarantees to become available closer to the cruise.

Thank you for letting us know. Makes me even happier that I made the decision that I did. ;) It was too late for me to receive the $100 "Thank you" bonus that they were offering, in addition to other perks, as it ended today. I didn't get that email until yesterday.

I will keep my booking with Celebrity and hope for price drops/suite guarantees to become available closer to the cruise.

Do you have the Promo drink package with Celebrity? If so, a PERKS program that includes the drink package would have to be offered at the same time of you taking any advantage of a price drop - before final payment. Otherwise, if you took a price drop, you would lose your drink package. Also, I don't think that you can have a GTY with the promo.

In my experience, the prices are higher when a promo is going on unless you book the cruise way out like we are trying to do. The cruise that we are looking into for 2015 has a good rate to include the perks. It is about $900 less for the same cruise coming up soon in 2014. :eek:

Edited by Iamthesea

We used this promotion through the TA this week to book our family 14Day 2014 Holiday Cruise on Eclipse. Pricing was about $1400 less than Celebrity online pricing plus all promos. Classic Beverage package x 2 + Gratuities for 2 + $100 OBC + 3/4 passenger fountain soda package + 3/4 passenger 38minute internet package. This was booked yesterday. This is a pretty high priced cruise because of the Holiday period - unfortunately I can only cruise during school vacation periods. Unlikely there will be too many price drops on this one.

We booked a 2C quad for the family - one category upgrade on this booking. Right now it feels like a good promotion and a good deal. I did have a little problem reaching the TA - only a couple rounds of phone tag but hopefully worth it.

Thank you for letting us know. Makes me even happier that I made the decision that I did. ;) It was too late for me to receive the $100 "Thank you" bonus that they were offering, in addition to other perks, as it ended today. I didn't get that email until yesterday.

Do you have the Promo drink package with Celebrity? If so, a PERKS program that includes the drink package would have to be offered at the same time of you taking any advantage of a price drop - before final payment. Otherwise, if you took a price drop, you would lose your drink package. Also, I don't think that you can have a GTY with the promo.

In my experience, the prices are higher when a promo is going on unless you book the cruise way out like we are trying to do. The cruise that we are looking into for 2015 has a good rate to include the perks. It is about $900 less for the same cruise coming up soon in 2014. :eek:

We were in the same boat (no pun intended) on our last cruise. As long as it's a 5 star rate they will give you the price drop. We did a suite guarantee and kept our 123 go offers, even got upgraded to an S1! :D

Edited by güerejo

We booked the Greek Isles on Reflection on this promo also. I have used this TA several times without issue before. I did stop using them when they started the $100 pp cancellation fees, but this promo was too good to pass up.

Apparently we are the only ones who traded the drink package for the additional $300. :o We just don't drink much at all, and it would be wasted. With the other extra $100 offer, we now have $700 OBC and prepaid gratuities. This will be a good cruise to have some spa treatments and visit some of the speciality restaurants! :D

I called yesterday afternoon, and received a return call that evening about 8pm! They were obviously working late. Once the big promo dies down, you will be able to reach them much more quickly.

I don't understand how you came up with $700 OBC? :confused:

We used this promotion through the TA this week to book our family 14Day 2014 Holiday Cruise on Eclipse. Pricing was about $1400 less than Celebrity online pricing plus all promos. Classic Beverage package x 2 + Gratuities for 2 + $100 OBC + 3/4 passenger fountain soda package + 3/4 passenger 38minute internet package. This was booked yesterday. This is a pretty high priced cruise because of the Holiday period - unfortunately I can only cruise during school vacation periods. Unlikely there will be too many price drops on this one.

We booked a 2C quad for the family - one category upgrade on this booking. Right now it feels like a good promotion and a good deal. I did have a little problem reaching the TA - only a couple rounds of phone tag but hopefully worth it.

I am sure that everything will turn out fine. What concerned me was that some of the reviews said that once onboard, the promised OBC was not documented and not received. :(

We were in the same boat (no pun intended) on our last cruise. As long as it's a 5 star rate they will give you the price drop. We did a suite guarantee and kept our 123 go offers, even got upgraded to an S1! :D

I should be so lucky. :)

I will be curious to see if the TA calls me back next week and once they hear that I booked through Celebrity, try to take the booking over. Would be interesting to see what they would offer. Since they now have my name and Captains Club number, I guess it would be easy for them to look my account up and see that we have 3 future cruises booked with Celebrity. Oh wait, make that 4 with this latest. :D

I don't understand how you came up with $700 OBC? :confused:

The TA's offer was all 3 perks, not one or two.

• Classic drink package (or waive this for $300 OBC)
  • Prepaid gratuities
  • Up to $300 OBC - 10+ nights was the full 300

The small print offered the additional OBC if you were not interested in the drink package. The last $100 was an offer I received via email celebrating an award they received from Celebrity, if you mentioned a code from the email during booking.

The agent kept warning me that it will be difficult to spend $700 OBC and that it would be non-refundable if not used. I told her we would manage. :)

We are going to book a 5 day cruise in Feb. What TA are you using to get all three perks? If we book the Celebrity 5 day western out of Fort Lauderdale we would just get the classic beverage package. New to this site, any help would be appreciated.

We are not allowed to give out the names of TA's on this site.

I Googled some of the wording in the perks and came up with the name. However, a couple of days later, I received an email from the same TA. It's a site that I had signed up for a while ago to receive offers. The offering was for 1-2 or 3 of the Celebrity perks, plus the TA would give free gratuities. Plus, the emailed mentioned the $100 celebration award as a "thank you" for their customers. Nothing about additional OBC. :(

ridge4 - When did you book?

As I mentioned, it will be interesting to see what this TA will offer next week to get my business.

Edited by Iamthesea

ridge4 - When did you book?

Thursday evening, 1/9. Perhaps the confusion over the additional OBC is because I booked Europe. When I follow the links from the email for Caribbean, for example, the offer is different.

I just saw that the offer for the extra $100 with the emailed code has been extended through the weekend if you book on the website.

Thursday evening, 1/9. Perhaps the confusion over the additional OBC is because I booked Europe. When I follow the links from the email for Caribbean, for example, the offer is different.

I just saw that the offer for the extra $100 with the emailed code has been extended through the weekend if you book on the website.

Where did you see that? I went on the website and couldn't find any place to enter the code. . .

Ah...yes, that would do it. Europe gets to Pick 2. :) Thank you for the explaination.

I didn't have any luck trying to book on the TA website and why I called them. Oh well.

I called Captains Club and spoke with a very nice lady who was glad to take my booking for the Equinox. We get the 123 beverage Package AND received a 1A for the price of a 1B. When she told me that, I was thinking perhaps a savings of $100 per person off the 1A rate. I had to laugh when she said $200 off pp. :D Every little bit counts, I guess. We can use the savings to go to the Lawn Club one night. :rolleyes:

When and if that other TA calls after the weekend, I will explain that I needed to go ahead and book because there was only one cabin left in the 1A that suited us. We booked 9192 just aft on the forward hump. If she wishes to make an offer.

Where did you see that? I went on the website and couldn't find any place to enter the code. . .

From the main page, click on the large image advertising the January sale. Then click on the Celebrity logo just below it. Now you should see the general offer (#49). Now click on the small arrow to the right of the offer info. Allow the page to fully load, and you should see the info on the code extension in red.

Since I did not book online, I don't know how you enter it during a booking. Maybe there is a comment or special request field?

From the main page, click on the large image advertising the January sale. Then click on the Celebrity logo just below it. Now you should see the general offer (#49). Now click on the small arrow to the right of the offer info. Allow the page to fully load, and you should see the info on the code extension in red.

Since I did not book online, I don't know how you enter it during a booking. Maybe there is a comment or special request field?

One really needs to know what they are doing to find that offer. :rolleyes: I never knew that I could click on those logo's.

The agent kept warning me that it will be difficult to spend $700 OBC and that it would be non-refundable if not used. I told her we would manage. :)

I am with you. Even if you don't drink, you can use the OBC to book spa, dining and excursions. Have fun spending! :)

No, if you have the drink package, that's all you can get through Celebrity. The other offerings are through this travel agent that we cannot name. ;)

Or many other Travel Agents!

I found it now--thanks!

This thread might be about a specific TA but it is good for all CCs to know that their offerings are offered by many other TAs. When getting a good deal, it doesn't really mean much that the reason is because of some award.

I'm all about the bottom line and service.

True! However, I was trying to keep this thread on track and answering sailingaway's question. ;) A lot of posters are getting confused about what is being offered and I wanted to make sure they know it is not Celebrity offering the "extra" perks.