Punchliner comedy brunch

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

What is this comedy brunch I'm hearing about? Is it every day or just certain days? In the MDR? Is there a stage in the MDR or does the comedian just walk around?

The comedy portion has be discontinued. It is now just a sea day brunch served in the MDR.

Its just on sea days. The comedian thing was dumb (it was only for a couple minutes every hour) IMO so glad that they have discontinued it. I'm there to get something to eat and socialize, not listen to comedy.

The menu is nice, I usually end up with the same thing every time though. A breakfast burrito type thing. I love the hot sauce that comes on the side.

I really enjoyed the seaday brunch on my dec Conquest sailing

loved the tomato soup (really good yes it was haha)

and the salmon eggs benedict

get the hollanidaise on side

use the past guest drink coupon - bloody mary hit the spot

no comedians any more -that was a dud

think of the layout of the dining room ?? what a dumb idea that was, no wonder they stopped it

I really enjoyed the seaday brunch on my dec Conquest sailing

loved the tomato soup (really good yes it was haha)

and the salmon eggs benedict

get the hollanidaise on side

use the past guest drink coupon - bloody mary hit the spot

no comedians any more -that was a dud

think of the layout of the dining room ?? what a dumb idea that was, no wonder they stopped it

Last time they had popovers very nice and crunchy. Also love the tomato soup.

Surprised they took so long to get rid of the comedians in DR. Dumb idea.

I'm in the minority--I don't really like the menu. BUT, the steak is the best on the ship! Better than what I had in the steakhouse! It was very tender and cooked to perfection.

Glad they did away with the comedians. I got the impression the comedians didn't like it either.

Last time they had popovers very nice and crunchy. Also love the tomato soup.

Surprised they took so long to get rid of the comedians in DR. Dumb idea.

Popovers?!?!?!

Haven't had them since I was way up north skiing. Hope they have them come the 18th of this month!

We have been twice... and we admit we only went to get our free drink (we actually got two beers, and asked them not to take the cap off, and we saved them for later!).

We went at lunch time....

I liked the tomato soup as well.

But I REALLY liked the French Toast with Raisin Bran. Sounded strange but was delicious!!!

Just something different to do ....

Catrin

Free drinks?????

If you are a returning guest on Carnival, you get a coupon for a free drink, redeemable at breakfast or brunch in the MDR. Be careful not to throw this coupon away, it is mixed in with the paperwork/ads they leave in your cabin for you. Also the room service menu is mixed in there too.

Oh, we are returning guest, but a lot has changed since our last cruise in 2011!!!

Mainly what has changed since 2011 is the structuring of the loyalty program. There is no longer a past guest party, but as I said, there is a coupon for a free drink at Breakfast/brunch in the MDR for returning guests. There is a party for "Gold" members = those who have sailed with Carnival for 25 days (including all days on your current cruise). Platinum now is 75 days sailed, rather than just 10 cruises.

Also, there is no farewell party now. It formerly was on the last sea day in the late afternoon.

Also - can't remember when this started - there are 3-person teams in the MDR, instead of just a head waiter and assistant. IMO the service is not as good as it was, but it does depend on your specific waiter.

I'm in the minority--I don't really like the menu. BUT, the steak is the best on the ship! Better than what I had in the steakhouse! It was very tender and cooked to perfection.

Glad they did away with the comedians. I got the impression the comedians didn't like it either.

think you are talking about the filet mignon, very good but is very small. Probably should order a couple.