Lobster in Buffet??? - Caribbean Princess

Seasons

Several years back I cruised the Caribbean Princess and they had grilled rock lobster in the buffet one night.

Does Princess do this on any of their ships these days???

That was the only Princess cruise I went on and I'm thinking of trying Princess again. Just need to set the expectation level of my cruise mates - who also went on the Caribbean Princess with me.

Thanks!!!

Several years back I cruised the Caribbean Princess and they had grilled rock lobster in the buffet one night.

Does Princess do this on any of their ships these days???

That was the only Princess cruise I went on and I'm thinking of trying Princess again. Just need to set the expectation level of my cruise mates - who also went on the Caribbean Princess with me.

Thanks!!!

No lobster on the buffet. You are probably referring to the claws they had at one time on the first night. No more.

I was on CB in Nov and went to the buffet on the 2nd formal night, which was the seafood night, and no lobster tails, although there were a LOT of other seafood dishes. Food was good, but I didn't like the plating. Many offerings were on small single serving dishes like at the buffets in Vegas (Wynn, Bellagio and Caesars, etc) and while pretty, it was hard to get multiple items on your platter bc the little dishes took up so much room.

Edited by whataboutport

I had lobster tails in the buffet on the Sun Princess once. I can't recall which time. They were split and grilled. It was a formal night. This was a long time ago. I've certainly seen the claws when they used to do the seafood buffet on the first night of Caribbean cruises, but this was different. They were definitely tails and hot. You used to always be able to get Beef Wellington in the buffet on formal night, too. Also, the spicy shrimp entrée...I can't recall he name. I haven't seen those dishes in the buffet in the last couple years.