Just off Brilliance Today

I don't plan to do a review since some new and great ones are available. I will say that they will NOT open up the dividers between balcony cabins and my kids used the teens club and liked it. Boarding and deboarding in Tampa was easy! Even saw a man caring a case of water onboard. Customs was NICE. We use the Parking Doctors aka the Parktologist. Easy, reliable, fast. I didn't like MTD and service was nice but not stellar. Have had better, but the cabin steward was pretty darn good. My mom used a scooter from a Special Needs at Sea and it was pretty beat up but did the job. I liked the ship better than Enchantment. It has some nice and different choices. Overall great cruise even with the cold weather and rough seas for the last sea day.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Can you tell me who the piano player was in the Schooner Bar? Thanks......

Gustavo Garcia played in the Schooner Bar

Ian Miller played guitar and sang in the Centrum and in the King and Country Pub

Both were fantastic.

Were there many D and/or D+?

We were on this cruise as well, and while I never heard the total number, they opened up the door between the Diamond Club and the VCL and had the entire lounge area roped off for D and up every evening. For the NYE show (Tribute to the Temptations - outstanding:)), the entire balcony area was reserved for D+ and Pinnacle for both shows.

Edited by orville99

I am on the Brilliance in a few weeks and am so excited. Do you know if there is Karaoke on the cruise? I am not a singer but am a great clapper!!!

They have it only a couple of nights in the Colony Club.

Thanks Kelly, glad it was a good cruise! We were supposed to go in 5 weeks, but it was chartered :( too bad cause I really like the radiance class. Will have to make do with Enchantment instead, just thankful for a trip out of this cold weather for a week on any ship.;)

Welcome home! (And I wish you'd do a review anyway...it's my opinion, there can never be too many!

We are on the Brillance in a couple months for the first time. Glad to hear the good review about the Schooner bar, that is always our favorite place to visit on all of the ships. We will definitely check it out!

We are on the Brillance in a couple months for the first time. Glad to hear the good review about the Schooner bar, that is always our favorite place to visit on all of the ships. We will definitely check it out!

The Schooner Bar on all Radiance class ships are amazing!

Here are some photos during my last cruise on Brilliance: Schooner Bar

The pictures are a little mixed up, so you will get some other ship photos in between.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

We were also on the NYE cruise and it was great. We had a good experience with MTD. We had reserved online and only had a few minutes wait on the first night. Every other night we were seated right away. I also thought the food and choices were very good. The Temptations tribute band was great - we were in the last balcony row, second show...it was hot up there....we should have known better. But the show was great. Our favorite hangout was Schooner's. We enjoyed some pre-dinner drinks in the Diamond Club - great benefit IMHO.

We did not like Cozumel - have been there previously and did tours. This time we just hung out. Next time we will stay on the ship.

~ Jane

Glad you enjoyed the cruise, we are booked in February and looking forward to it.

Would appreciate if you could elaborate on what you didn't like about MTD.

It took super long for our food. I am guessing it was the time we had, 6:15. It was 15 min. past early seating. It was like they fed everyone below ahead of us and we waiting super long. Most nights was 2 hours +. I had heard MTD was faster, in and out service. One night they sped up dinner on our request because of a show. only 1.5 hours that night. This was our first MTD experience. We plan to move on to late seating since our kids are older.