Internet access on Dawn

cyd86

We will be taking our first cruise on the Dawn Princess in October. While I don't plan to spend a lot of time doing emails etc. Iwould like to have access to the internet. I read in multiple places that the onboard internet access is slow and costs $. I also read that there are wireless points of access in a few places on the ship. The questions I have are:

What type of wireless card is required for the hot sites? (802.11 G? or others?)

Do you get charged for this access?

Does anybody have ideas on this?

Thanks

We will be leaving on July 25th for the North Alasksa cruise and we are all very excited!

Wireless works with a 802.11 G card. The charge is $10.50 per 30 minutes. You can connect from the lobby area.

If you use one of there computers instead of taking your notebook its .35 per minute from the Internet Cafe.

If for some reason your wireless card is not compatible, Princess will sell you one for about $55.00

I need to take my notebook as I'm self employed and am in the mortgage business. So I plan on checking emails every day for about 10 minutes.

Have fun!

Archived