HSN experiences

Thanks for responding. It is an Anthony Verbana, maxi. I tried to post a

pic. Let me try again.

http://i02.hsncdn.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/tallgrid/antthony-verbena-asymmetrical-stripe-maxi-d-20131230144638773~300621_132.jpg.

This is the URL. I don't know if that helps.

I have not shopped and HSN but I did want to say that is a really cute dress. :)

I just ordered a dress with jacket. It was from their Slinky brand. It fits true to size. It's a little long (because I am short) but did not have time to have if hemmed so will wear it as is this cruise. It was nicely made. I have bought a few other clothing items over the years that I have been happy with.

I just ordered a dress with jacket. It was from their Slinky brand. It fits true to size. It's a little long (because I am short) but did not have time to have if hemmed so will wear it as is this cruise. It was nicely made. I have bought a few other clothing items over the years that I have been happy with.

Thank you for your response. I won't order until the end of the month. So, I hope it is still available then.

Did they run big or small?

It depends on the designer/brand of each item. I have found the sizing to be consistent for certain designers/brands though. I normally wear a 10-12-14 in dresses depending on how they're cut. If they're form fitting at all on the bottom I have to go with the higher size to fit the hips. If it's A-line or maxi and only tight on top I can go with the smaller sizes. Most of HSN's dresses (at least the ones I've ordered) come in L-XL-1X (other sizes too, but these are the ones I look at). I've found that large almost always fits me. For the few items I wasn't sure about because of the style of dress I sized up to XL and those fit too (although a tad too big). Most time I'll read the reviews and see what others have to say about the sizing of the dress. If you get lucky, someone with your size critera (height/weight) comment on what size worked for them.

It depends on the designer/brand of each item. I have found the sizing to be consistent for certain designers/brands though. I normally wear a 10-12-14 in dresses depending on how they're cut. If they're form fitting at all on the bottom I have to go with the higher size to fit the hips. If it's A-line or maxi and only tight on top I can go with the smaller sizes. Most of HSN's dresses (at least the ones I've ordered) come in L-XL-1X (other sizes too, but these are the ones I look at). I've found that large almost always fits me. For the few items I wasn't sure about because of the style of dress I sized up to XL and those fit too (although a tad too big). Most time I'll read the reviews and see what others have to say about the sizing of the dress. If you get lucky, someone with your size critera (height/weight) comment on what size worked for them.

Thanks, Heather. I am just not sure what to order. I have a small bust but my waist is bigger, I carry my weight in the tummy area. If order by waist the top will be way too big and hang on me. If order by bust and hip, the tummy area will probably be tight. I will keep all of what you said in mind.

Thanks, Heather. I am just not sure what to order. I have a small bust but my waist is bigger, I carry my weight in the tummy area. If order by waist the top will be way too big and hang on me. If order by bust and hip, the tummy area will probably be tight. I will keep all of what you said in mind.

You're welcome. While I don't have a "small" bust, it's smaller in proportion to the lower half of my body. That's why I often times have a hard time deciding on a size too. I have the same problem alot of times, if I get the larger size it's too big on top (specifically at the arm holes on sleeveless dresses). That's why I try to stick to styles that are looser on the botton so I can go with the smaller size (large).

I like to get deals on my clothes, and HSN has alot of reasonably priced "clearance" dresses although the availablity seems to go in waves. I like to save dresses in my favorites while logged onto my HSN account, then when the prices are reduced on my "favorites items" I see an alert on the top of the website when I log on. So far the quality of everythign I have received has been good (especially for the price I've been paying). However, I'm not sure I'd spend the top dollar they have listed for some things. I like to take my chances and hope it gets clearanced pricing at some point (while they still have my size). Good luck! Hope I could help!

P.S. I LOVE my Sam Brown luggage I purchased on HSN. So much, that I bought my mom a set for Christmas for our April cruise. Then they had a carryon size bag I bought for 29.99 (I'll be using that for overnight trips).

I think I might be addicted to HSN.

I have not purchased dresses from them yet but I have bought a few Diane Gillman pieces (my mom has a ton) and like in a department different items (even same make sometimes cut differently). If you like it order it - you can always send it back.

Sharon

P.S. I LOVE my Sam Brown luggage I purchased on HSN. So much, that I bought my mom a set for Christmas for our April cruise. Then they had a carryon size bag I bought for 29.99 (I'll be using that for overnight trips).

I think I might be addicted to HSN.

Which Samantha Brown luggage do you have? I keep looking at it and can't decide.

Which Samantha Brown luggage do you have? I keep looking at it and can't decide.

I have the 28" and 21" Croc Embossed Uprights with matching carryon bag in Tangerine. I bought my mom the First Class Collection (2 piece set of carryon & 21") and 28' Upright in Black/Carmel combo. I must say, when my mom's arrived it was even nicer than mine! I was alittle jealous, but they didn't have the first class collection line when I purchased mine. Recently, I ordered the Tweed Jumbo tote (to use as an overnight bag) in the Lavender color. I do think the tweed material for the suitcase would show dirt and wear relatively quickly if checking your bag when flying.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for responding. It is an Anthony Verbana, maxi. I tried to post a

pic. Let me try again.

http://i02.hsncdn.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/tallgrid/antthony-verbena-asymmetrical-stripe-maxi-d-20131230144638773~300621_132.jpg.

This is the URL. I don't know if that helps.

Ladies I did order this dress. It isn't as fitted on me as it is in on the model so it is a little more casual. But that is okay, because I may use it for my embarkation/debarkation outfit.

To get to my question, I am having trouble deciding on what color shoes and what style I should get? Blues are just too hard to match or even complement. So, I what do you think? I am thinking a low wedge in a sand color. I just don't want to spend too much on them, but a neutral would allow my more flexibility.

Ladies I did order this dress. It isn't as fitted on me as it is in on the model so it is a little more casual. But that is okay, because I may use it for my embarkation/debarkation outfit.

To get to my question, I am having trouble deciding on what color shoes and what style I should get? Blues are just too hard to match or even complement. So, I what do you think? I am thinking a low wedge in a sand color. I just don't want to spend too much on them, but a neutral would allow my more flexibility.

I think a nude/natural color sandal would work well.

Pretty dress. :)