Help with EMS rate

I don't think being a nurse will qualify you for the EMS rate. It should but I don't think so. It says Emergency Medical Services which I take to mean like an EMT or Paramedic . I would call RCI and ask anyway.

Edited by dixieva

Does an emergency room nurse count as a EMS rate? Just wondering if I can book that rate.

I don't know how true this is anymore...but the way those discounts were once explained to me is, the EMS discount is meant for the street level paramedics/firefighters, not the institutional doctors/nurses who in most cases have the higher salaries. Same with the law enforcement discount....it's meant for cops, not 6 figure salary federal agents.

As already mentioned, give RCI a call and ask. It can't hurt. If it does include nurses, let us know. It would be news to me. :)

My wife is a dispatcher an is employed by our local EMS unit. Would she apply? How much is the discount?

Here is the RCI verbiage:

At least one guest in the stateroom must be an active or retired employee or volunteer of a local or state law enforcement agency, fire department or Emergency Medical Services unit in the United States or Canada

My wife is a dispatcher an is employed by our local EMS unit. Would she apply? How much is the discount?

Here is the RCI verbiage:

At least one guest in the stateroom must be an active or retired employee or volunteer of a local or state law enforcement agency, fire department or Emergency Medical Services unit in the United States or Canada

You would have to contact Royal to be sure. My guess is that it all depends on how official her ID looks to the check-in agent. The discount varies, and it not available on all sailings or categories.