Horseback riding on half moon

cate54

My wife and I did this last April.

I was a bit unsure about this as I am not a Horseback rider, but we both enjoyed it very much.

You will be on 2 separate horses, the first one will take you around a short tour of the island, then you will switch horses and take a very short approx. 5 minute ride into the water. Very nice.

Both times you get onto the horse they have benches and stairs to make it very easy to get on the horses.

Riding in the ocean was quite an experience, even though I felt a bit sorry for the horse as you could hear them breath heavily as they labored through the water which was as high as their backs.

Go for it !!

Ted

CoronaCRZR is absolutely right. Just go. We went horseback riding on Half Moon Cay and it was great. We aren't riders either and it was fine. Riding through the water sounded scary. But it only sounded scary until we did it. It turned out to be very cool. You'll have a guide in front and a guide at the back. That's were we were... at the back lol.

My husband and I just did this two weeks ago in Jamaica. Neither of us are riders and we had a blast! My husband was behind a horse that sent some floaters his way...Omg I couldn't stop laughing! The water party is very cool! Have a great time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

My adult DD did this activity last June and had a terrific time. I'm a bit too large for the horses myself but was able to see some of the activity and everyone seemed to really enjoy. Very good point about trying to be in the front of the pack when it comes to entering the water. The horses love the water and it seems to prompt them to relieve themselves; not a big deal unless you have a weak tummy.

Enjoy the excursion and your cruise!

Edited by 0bnxshs

I agree with most of what was said.

We had no 'floaters' on our ride but the guide said to stay apart from the other

horses as the 'nip' of course my horse moved right over in between two horses. made me very nervous but had no issues. I found it was exciting and scary at the same time. I would do it again.