Storage / Drawers Inside Cabin?

MemphisWife4

Configurations vary by ship and cabins. But there will be clothes storage in all cabins. Often the drawers are hidden inside of a closet door or appear as part of the closet. For two people, depending on how much clothes you have, the drawers can be a tight fit, in my experience. But we always manage to figure out how to make it work.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

We will be on the Jewel out of NOLA in one week (YEAH)!

I am asking this question on behalf of my daughter who will be in an inside cabin, but I will be in a balcony. Am I understanding that there are no drawers in a balcony room?

Edited by MemphisWife4
Hit enter before I was finished

I am asking this question on behalf of my daughter who will be in an inside cabin, but I will be in a balcony. Am I understanding that there are no drawers in a balcony room?

You will find drawers or open shelving in any stateroom, on any ship. Wish I could find my photos from the Jewel. We had plenty of storage (including drawers).

I believe the comment about the balcony was a bit tongue-in-cheek meaning that outside, on the balcony, you will not find drawers. They are all "inside" the cabin. :-)

There are three drawers each in balcony (look in the mirror on the "panned" shot, below the fridge):

and inside rooms (Gem is sister ship to Jewel and I am assuming same layout):

Plus there should be a shelf or two above the fridge, and by the safe (part of that will be where your lifevests are). There may be additional shelves on one side inside the closet (there were in the N.Star last month where we kept folded pants). If not you can get additional 'trouser' hangers from your steward and hang pants inside a shirt.

I noticed that the inside cabin has more counterspace in the bathroom than the Balcony! That is very little space in the balcony bath -- the Star had a full-width shelf in front of the mirror, above the sink. You might do the "back of door shoebag" thing people talk about... we didn't have to, although I did hang a firstaid kit there for convenience.

I believe the comment about the balcony was a bit tongue-in-cheek meaning that outside, on the balcony, you will not find drawers. They are all "inside" the cabin. :-)

I did not catch that one ........ and it is a good joke too!:D

There are three drawers each in balcony (look in the mirror on the "panned" shot, below the fridge):

and inside rooms (Gem is sister ship to Jewel and I am assuming same layout):

Plus there should be a shelf or two above the fridge, and by the safe (part of that will be where your lifevests are). There may be additional shelves on one side inside the closet (there were in the N.Star last month where we kept folded pants). If not you can get additional 'trouser' hangers from your steward and hang pants inside a shirt.

I noticed that the inside cabin has more counterspace in the bathroom than the Balcony! That is very little space in the balcony bath -- the Star had a full-width shelf in front of the mirror, above the sink. You might do the "back of door shoebag" thing people talk about... we didn't have to, although I did hang a firstaid kit there for convenience.

Thank You very much!