sailing from Tampa ?

trish1c

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Teal"]Please tell me about sailing from Tampa. How far is the AP from the port? How much time does it take? How much does a cab cost? Is it better to stay near the port, the AP or somewhere else? "Better" is a function of price & convenience. It would just be for 1 night; we don't need anything fancy. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Here is a link to some Tampa hotels that offer cruise pkgs.

[URL]http://www.parkingstay.com/p/tampa.html[/URL]

We have stayed twice at the Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point. We booked the cruise pkg which incl an airport shuttle,
room, hot breakfast and round-trip shuttle to/from the port. The Hampton Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point
also have the same pkg. All 3 hotels are next to each other and are 5 min from the airport and 15 min to the port.

Another popular area is Westshore. Also near the airport and 15 min to the port.

I would however, avoid the Fairgrounds area and the Stadium area. This is just my opinion, but lots of seedy places mixed in
with the hotels.

Tpa airport is about a 15 min drive to the port and a $25 flat rate from TIA to port or port to TIA. That
is for up to 4 passengers.

. Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

We are staying at the Quality Inn airport, they have a complimentary shuttle from the airport and a shuttle (cost) to the pier. The cost of the shuttle to the pier is 8.00 a person and for 6 of us is the same as we would pay for a cab. Near a grocery/liquor store for supplies before hand. I found them to have decent reviews, and affordable. LOL Have not stayed there yet so not first hand experience but did some research on it.;)

We stayed at Hyatt Place West Shore very close to the airport on 12/28.
Free shuttle from airport to hotel. It's maybe a 10 minute drive.
Free shuttle from hotel to port. It is about a 15 minute drive.
We were on NCL-cost per person on shuttle from port to airport was $20 per person. Have to wait on bus to fill before you leave.
Cost for taxi for older son who flew in was $25. Don't know if it is $25 per person or per cab.
Hyatt Place had an excellent location, free shuttle to anywhere within 3 miles. Lots of restaurants and great shopping. Also had a free breakfast. Room was nice, clean and beds were comfortable. Would definitely stay again. :)
We actually drove in from SC and the hotel had a park and cruise package and we left our car parked there for the week. Free shuttle both ways for those of us who parked our cars there with their package deal.

We are sailing on the Legend in May. I see that the ship returns to Tampa at 8:00 am. There is a flight home at 11:00 available for us. Is this doable if we choose self debarkation? The next available flight would be 4:00 pm.

We have stayed at tha Quality Inn several times. Always been good, nothing fancy ,clean ,great service,friendly just the basics for a pre-cruise stay. Publix is across the street with restaurants, fast food and convience stores near by. Driver David gives great customer service. Will be staying there in March pre -cruise.

[quote name='MURCOTT']We are sailing on the Legend in May. I see that the ship returns to Tampa at 8:00 am. There is a flight home at 11:00 available for us. Is this doable if we choose self debarkation? The next available flight would be 4:00 pm.[/QUOTE]

Risky tthing to do to many things that could delay your prompt departure from the port, read the posting on fog at Tampa as an example.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='pasta1']We have stayed at tha Quality Inn several times. Always been good, nothing fancy ,clean ,great service,friendly just the basics for a pre-cruise stay. Publix is across the street with restaurants, fast food and convience stores near by. Driver David gives great customer service. Will be staying there in March pre -cruise.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, feeling better about our choice now. we get in late so its just a place to put our heads for the night.:D

[quote name='peck']Risky tthing to do to many things that could delay your prompt departure from the port, read the posting on fog at Tampa as an example.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input, you are probably right. The fog could certainly delay things.