Canada/New England Cruise Hotels

nvwhine

I am currently booked at Delta Centre-Ville Hotel in Montreal for three nights pre-cruise and at Millenium Bostonia post-cruise for three nights.

I would really appreciate any advice or experiences anyone has with these places. Or recommendations as it isn't too late to change.

Thank you.

Howdy,

I am from Boston and live near the Millenium Bostonia in the North End. The hotel itself is very nice. Unfortunately on Friday and Saturday there is an open food market called Haymarket. It is huge. Lots of food stalls arround the hotel. There will also be lots and lots of people buying fruits and vegetables. Saturday night there is a mess that the city cleans up. This may annoy you.

The location of the hotel is wonderful. It is next to Quincy Market and the North End (part of the city I live in). The North End is the Italian part of the city. There are approximately 200 restaurants in an area less than 1/4 square mile (L'Osteria on Salem Street and The Daily Catch on Hannover are very good--The Daily Catch is small with about six tables and does not take credit cards).

I know you will love my town! Also, DO NOT DRIVE! If you do, you will likely never come back to Boston. The subway (we call it the "T") goes everywhere and is cheap. Boston is a fun town just to stroll around and take a look. It's different from all American cities. It's more like a European city.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for the great info. We will be getting off the Maasdam on a Saturday and staying for three nights. Since it seems like the hotel is in such a good location and we will only have one night of the market and clean up I think we will keep our spot there.

We are very excited to finally visit your city.

I wanted to surprise my husband with tickets to a Sox game but they are on the road the whole time we are in town so I think we will just settle for the park tour.

Thanks again.

Lise

Archived