Which night for formal night?

Gayle V

Hi all, This is our itinerary on the Liberty. Any clue as to which nights are likely to be the formal nights? {I'm hoping it's not on Sunday, because that's the Superbowl which is not exactly conducive to a formal atmosphere. Especially as kick off is at 6:30 pm }

Sat. - Embarkation

Sunday _ Half Moon Cay

Monday - Sea day

Tues. - St. Thomas

Wed.- San Juan

Thurs. Grand Turk

Friday.- Sea day

Sat - Debarkation

What do you think?

Hi all, This is our itinerary on the Liberty. Any clue as to which nights are likely to be the formal nights? {I'm hoping it's not on Sunday, because that's the Superbowl which is not exactly conducive to a formal atmosphere. Especially as kick off is at 6:30 pm }

Sat. - Embarkation

Sunday _ Half Moon Cay

Monday - Sea day

Tues. - St. Thomas

Wed.- San Juan

Thurs. Grand Turk

Friday.- Sea day

Sat - Debarkation

What do you think?

Hi Gayle,

We will be on this same itinerary March 1st, and were curious about your question and where the ship docks in St. Thomas and San Juan.

Research shows me that Carnival ships have docked at Pier 4, near OSJ. While there are two options for St. Thomas: Havensight and Crown Bay. What has recent experience been?

Thanks, John

Hi Gayle,

We will be on this same itinerary March 1st, and were curious about your question and where the ship docks in St. Thomas and San Juan.

Research shows me that Carnival ships have docked at Pier 4, near OSJ. While there are two options for St. Thomas: Havensight and Crown Bay. What has recent experience been?

Thanks, John

when we went to St. Thomas, it docked in havensight. As for the formal nights, I have no idea.

Sat. - Embarkation

Sunday _ Half Moon Cay

Monday - Sea day

Tues. - St. Thomas

Wed.- San Juan

Thurs. Grand Turk

Friday.- Sea day

Sat - Debarkation

What do you think?

Gayle:

The first formal or "cruise elegant" night should be on Monday and the second "cruise elegant" night should be on the night of the Grand Turk port call. It was this way on this itinerary in Super Bowl week last year. The key is that, although ideally the formal nights are on sea days, formal nights aren't scheduled on the last night before disembarking, since luggage needs to be packed and in the halls that evening.

We're going to be on Splendor on the way home to NYC from Freeport on Super Bowl evening. If you see the Splendor, we'll be the specks on deck who are waving. Carnival does a party on its ships for Super Bowl evening with the game on the big screen and some appropriate munchies.

Bill

Gayle:

The first formal or "cruise elegant" night should be on Monday and the second "cruise elegant" night should be on the night of the Grand Turk port call. It was this way on this itinerary in Super Bowl week last year. The key is that, although ideally the formal nights are on sea days, formal nights aren't scheduled on the last night before disembarking, since luggage needs to be packed and in the halls that evening.

Bill

What Bill said. Nice itinerary. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Gayle,

Thanks, John

Carnival docks at Havensight in St Thomas.

when we went to St. Thomas, it docked in havensight. As for the formal nights, I have no idea.

Carnival docks at Havensight in St Thomas.

Thanks! That would be my choice. I just hope there are not a lot of ships in port.