Question

mlogan177

Midships will always be more stable than forward or aft, however! The aft balconies will be awesome! You probably won't notice much of any swaying at all, so I wouldn't worry about it, unless you have heavy seas with big waves. And if that is the case you can always go down to the atrium or lower level public areas and get less of a sway.

I was wondering is there a difference in rocking form Mid ship and Aft on the Breakaway or any ship?

Unfortunately, I suffer from seasickness, so I am super sensitive to every little movement.

On Breakaway aft, I felt more right to left movement.

On midship, I did not feel the same rocking/movement.

I personally, feel the worst when I am high, forward. Thats just me though.

I love the aft views so much that I do not care about the rocking. lol I just make sure I go to the DR and get the patch and I absolutely love those aft views. :)

Thanks guys. I know for sure I wouldn't be able to do forward at all. I just want a larger balcony and the aft ones are huge.

They are awesome on the breakaway. The Breakaway was my first aft room. I had the corner portside, and it was amazing. Enjoy. :)

The views are really nice.

Edited by 1witchydiva

Unfortunately, I suffer from seasickness, so I am super sensitive to every little movement.

On Breakaway aft, I felt more right to left movement.

On midship, I did not feel the same rocking/movement.

I personally, feel the worst when I am high, forward. Thats just me though.

I love the aft views so much that I do not care about the rocking. lol I just make sure I go to the DR and get the patch and I absolutely love those aft views. :)

I'm just the opposite, I notice it more the further back on the ship I get. I know I couldn't do an aft balcony, the wake behind the ship would do me in.

Can you drink alcoholic beverages with those sea sickness patches behind the earlobes??

Many drink no matter what the "rules" are. The over the counter pills are what I take, and drink.

As to location, more midships are lower is best.

Forward and high is worse.

After is less movement, but more vibration. That vibration will get to some people.

After is less movement, but more vibration. That vibration will get to some people.

You may have a very good point. In the old days (and yes I am aging myself) there was far more noise and vibration in the back of the small planes and if I sat too close to the back I was bothered by motion-sickness and yet today I can go on a plane and very seldom feel ill.

Also the wake or even looking out the side windows on lower decks at the waves from the ship bother me.

I remember the first small ship I was on, many moons ago. Going to the Bahamas from Miami, I felt so ill. For the duration of the cruise, I curled up in a lounge area at the back of the ship, while DH toured the ship to check it out. It was a cold rainy day, so being up on deck was out of the question. Had I had the wisdom I have now, I probably would have at least moved to someplace mid ship.

Thank you everyone!! I'm changing my room to 11312 aft balcony

you'll love it!!! I was in 11910, only a few rooms down and it was awesome. Depending on when you're sailing, Joemar is the best room steward ever!! Hopefully he'll still be there :)