NYE on EX

Just got off EX today. The trip was great. Took some friends who had never been on RCI before and they loved it. The NYE party was a blast and the balloon drop at midnight was very well done. I will be sorry to see EX leave Bayonne but a redo of the port will be nice. Any questions about the trip?

Just got off EX today. The trip was great. Took some friends who had never been on RCI before and they loved it. The NYE party was a blast and the balloon drop at midnight was very well done. I will be sorry to see EX leave Bayonne but a redo of the port will be nice. Any questions about the trip?

Never realized so many peopke could fit on the promenade deck. LOL

We also had a great time !

by EX, do you mean Explorer? Sorry, just making sure. We booked NYE cruse for next year out of Port Canaveral. Was there a special venue or area that could be booked for NYE? On the Freedom, Vintage had private tables. Can't wait to hear more about Explorer...my research starts now for next year~!

How does she look? Any signs of wear and tear? What type of room(s) did you have? How was the food in the MDR?

We were on Explorer twice last year and thought she was in fine shape. They really do a good job of keeping up the ship.

I think she is in great shape as well -- especially since it has been so long since a dry dock. The food in the main dining room was very good -- no complaints. We had 2 promenade cabins on deck 7. We loved the convenience of getting to the promenade cafe for early morning coffee and could see all the parades (and the NYE countdown) without being in the middle of the crowds. We would book those cabins again.

by EX, do you mean Explorer? Sorry, just making sure. We booked NYE cruse for next year out of Port Canaveral. Was there a special venue or area that could be booked for NYE? On the Freedom, Vintage had private tables. Can't wait to hear more about Explorer...my research starts now for next year~!

We were on this years Explorer NYE cruise as well AND we booked next year on her from Port Canaveral too - wanted to get into warmer weather - see you on board:)

I don't know of any venue that could be booked privately.

Edited by LovesCruising

We were on this years Explorer NYE cruise as well AND we booked next year on her from Port Canaveral too - wanted to get into warmer weather - see you on board:)

I don't know of any venue that could be booked privately.

Oh good! Glad you liked it that much to book again.

By private, I mean a table. On one ship we booked a table at Schooner at another we did it through Vintj. It's just nice to then not fight off the crowd that is inevitable at NYE. :)

Thanks for the info!!!

Oh good! Glad you liked it that much to book again.

By private, I mean a table. On one ship we booked a table at Schooner at another we did it through Vintj. It's just nice to then not fight off the crowd that is inevitable at NYE. :)

Thanks for the info!!!

We have been on Explorer 4 times - next year will make 5 - great crew - I still don't think you can book a table. The Promenade for NYE is PACKED - this year we did the countdown in Mahajaha's (sp?) Lounge - they had a live band in there and was empty - plenty of tables - no screen to see the countdown but that was fine with us. If you like all the hoopla with the balloon drop and the big screen showing times square you need to be in the promenade - plenty of complimentary champagne everywhere - we are hoping some of the crew from Cape Liberty will still be on board in Port Canaveral

We have been on Explorer 4 times - next year will make 5 - great crew - I still don't think you can book a table. The Promenade for NYE is PACKED - this year we did the countdown in Mahajaha's (sp?) Lounge - they had a live band in there and was empty - plenty of tables - no screen to see the countdown but that was fine with us. If you like all the hoopla with the balloon drop and the big screen showing times square you need to be in the promenade - plenty of complimentary champagne everywhere - we are hoping some of the crew from Cape Liberty will still be on board in Port Canaveral

This is great to hear, that you loved it so much!! I've been a little nervous. We love the Freedom and have sailed her twice. We did Brilliance last year and really felt the difference of a smaller ship with less to do, but yet we had really great ports. We chose the Explorer for the ports...but I know my kids will miss the poolside movies. Do you recall if they had a party on the pool deck for NYE? We've done that too and the kids really enjoyed it. Thank you!!!

This is great to hear, that you loved it so much!! I've been a little nervous. We love the Freedom and have sailed her twice. We did Brilliance last year and really felt the difference of a smaller ship with less to do, but yet we had really great ports. We chose the Explorer for the ports...but I know my kids will miss the poolside movies. Do you recall if they had a party on the pool deck for NYE? We've done that too and the kids really enjoyed it. Thank you!!!

We were at sea just departing Port Canaveral on NYE - it was much too cold for a pool deck party - next year however could be different and if its warm Im sure they will

Looks like Explorer will be refurbished Feb 2015 - wish is was before December 2014!

EXPLORER of the SEAS

Coming February 2015

•Outdoor movie screen

•Updated Vintages wine bar

•Park Café

•Chef’s Table

•Giovanni’s Table

•Digital Signage

•Pervasive Wi-Fi

•Flat-screen TVs

•Interactive TVs

•Concierge Club