Adventure Ocean Questions

Shanleigh

Hi Everyone

My husband and I want to take our 5 year old twin boys on Allure in November of 2014. Both my husband and I have been on several cruises in the past but this will be our kids first cruise. I have been reading up on Adventure Ocean and was wondering if anyone can answer a few questions both of us have.

1. Safety is our main concern. What does Royal Caribbean do to ensure all children are accounted for and do not escape.

2. Will there be many children on this cruise? If so will they still hold the kids programs? We are looking at November 16th 2014, so a time when school is in session.

3. What is the ratio of adults to children. For example how many AO staff as usually on hand in a given day.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I am a worry wart and I just was looking for a piece of mind before we go ahead and book. My kids are both friendly and go to daycare so I know activity wise they will have fun in Adventure Ocean.

Hi Everyone

My husband and I want to take our 5 year old twin boys on Allure in November of 2014. Both my husband and I have been on several cruises in the past but this will be our kids first cruise. I have been reading up on Adventure Ocean and was wondering if anyone can answer a few questions both of us have.

1. Safety is our main concern. What does Royal Caribbean do to ensure all children are accounted for and do not escape.

2. Will there be many children on this cruise? If so will they still hold the kids programs? We are looking at November 16th 2014, so a time when school is in session.

3. What is the ratio of adults to children. For example how many AO staff as usually on hand in a given day.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I am a worry wart and I just was looking for a piece of mind before we go ahead and book. My kids are both friendly and go to daycare so I know activity wise they will have fun in Adventure Ocean.

On our cruise (which was not Allure) the AO had a door that the councilors had to "buzz" to open, so the younger kids cannot escape. When you check them in, you will put the names of who can check the kids out, and they do check when you come to pick them up.

In terms of kids, this will depend on the week. I saw a review a while ago, and the poster went in Nov I believe, and there were not as many kids as you would expect. If you are going over Thanksgiving, you can expect over a thousand kids on board.

I think the AO follows Florida guidelines for staff to kids, but not sure what that is - and when RCI sees more children coming on board for peak times, they staff up in the AO.

Hope this helps.