Blue hole

Jn26845

Yes, my husband and I booked an excursion that went there. I don't know if carnival offers an excursion there or not, but we booked thru Pete Taylor Tours. Great guy, half the price, and got us back in plenty of time. Go check out the Ocho Rios board to get more ideas. You'll see a lot of recommendations for him and some others over there. We loved Ocho Rios!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

How do u make reservations at blue hole in Ocho rios Jamaica ?has anyone been ther

We also booked through Peat Taylor Tours. Our visit to the Blue Hole was the highlight of our vacation!

If you're interested, check out my review with photo's on Trip Advisor here:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g147312-d1997485-r176527386-Blue_Hole-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

Edited by dz63

Another person who loved Irie Blue Hole. We booked with Liberty Tours and it was the highlight for 17 of us. You will not be disappointed going there. Personally, I found it much nicer than Dunns River Falls. It was like paradise.

I contacted Courtney Taylor Tours for a price quote to take us (party of 8) to the Blue Hole in April. He quoted me $29.00 per person plus entrance fee of $15.00 per person. After reading several reviews on Trip Advisor, they all say there is no entrance fee to Blue Hole - only to tip the guides. Can anyone confirm this? When I asked him about it, he said people confuse Blue Hole with Blue Lagoon and Blue Lagoon is free; not Blue Hole. Could so many people on Trip Advisor be confused???

Edited by mimxmom

I contacted Courtney Taylor Tours for a price quote to take us (party of 8) to the Blue Hole in April. He quoted me $29.00 per person plus entrance fee of $15.00 per person. After reading several reviews on Trip Advisor, they all say there is no entrance fee to Blue Hole - only to tip the guides. Can anyone confirm this? When I asked him about it, he said people confuse Blue Hole with Blue Lagoon and Blue Lagoon is free; not Blue Hole. Could so many people on Trip Advisor be confused???

Sounds about what we paid in March for Irie Blue Hole--$15/adult, $10/kid. The $29pp is your transportation.

Courtney is a reliable guy, and the Blue Hole is worth that fee (plus tips).

Blue Hole itself is owned by Jamica Power, but the access point and road that most use to enter Blue Hole is privately owned. There is a charge to use the access point. The guides that are there all work for the son of the man that owns the access point. So dad gets the $$$ for access and the guides all split the $$$ from tips.

With that said, when we were there last June we saw a small tour group enter the hole from down stream. My assumption is that they had parked down stream and hiked up the hill and entered the hole. They too had guides with them, but they did not appear to be affiliated with guides that Courtney & Peat use ...

Personally I'd rather park next to the falls than hike up the mountain through the stream. It was one of the most scenic and exciting things I've ever done.

We also booked through Peat Taylor Tours. Our visit to the Blue Hole was the highlight of our vacation!

If you're interested, check out my review with photo's on Trip Advisor here:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g147312-d1997485-r176527386-Blue_Hole-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

great review. thanks.

For those of you who have been there, how strenuous is this? I'm a big guy with bad knees. How is the walk to the Blue Hole area? I know I won't be going into the hidden cave and probably not jumping off of the falls, but is there another way to get in and out of the water?

Thanks!

For those of you who have been there, how strenuous is this? I'm a big guy with bad knees. How is the walk to the Blue Hole area? I know I won't be going into the hidden cave and probably not jumping off of the falls, but is there another way to get in and out of the water?

Thanks!

The parking area is actually above the Blue Hole, so getting there and just watching is not strenuous. I didn't go in the water as I'd dislocated my shoulder (twice) earlier in the day. (Another story entirely!). The guide did take my family up a ways above the main falls, I'm not sure how strenuous that part was. There is also a smaller jump at the lower falls, where the rope swing is, and I think some folks were able to get in the water even further down, but I'm not sure of that.

The parking area is actually above the Blue Hole, so getting there and just watching is not strenuous. I didn't go in the water as I'd dislocated my shoulder (twice) earlier in the day. (Another story entirely!). The guide did take my family up a ways above the main falls, I'm not sure how strenuous that part was. There is also a smaller jump at the lower falls, where the rope swing is, and I think some folks were able to get in the water even further down, but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks! Sorry about your shoulder.

Thanks!

Ron,

There is a flat, wooded area that we explored with small waterfalls, with the guides next to us. We went with Liberty Tours Jamaica, who parked at the top of the falls and we walked down a path that was very easy. I did see other companies that parked at the bottom and those people climbed up. To get into the Blue Hole, most people jump, but there are lower areas. We got out with mandmade steps. I can send you pictures via email if you would like, just use my screen name @msn.com

Ron,

There is a flat, wooded area that we explored with small waterfalls, with the guides next to us. We went with Liberty Tours Jamaica, who parked at the top of the falls and we walked down a path that was very easy. I did see other companies that parked at the bottom and those people climbed up. To get into the Blue Hole, most people jump, but there are lower areas. We got out with mandmade steps. I can send you pictures via email if you would like, just use my screen name @msn.com

Thanks! E-mail on the way!

Thanks!

The man made earthen steps to the hole are about knee high each. The guides will assist as necessary but you are really grabbing roots & limbs to steady yourself.

You can easily walk up on the upper falls & splash around in some smaller pools. The lower fall can be accessed from below but the guides don't take you down that far but some tour groups start from down there. Not sure who they are though.

Hi

I'm thinking about going to the irie blue hole. Looks (and sounds) amazing. Just a question: what else can you do there, or is it "only" the blue hole (not that it's not enough) you go there for, or are there any other swimming/beach options around? Why I wonder is because I read this on Liberty tours website and wonder what they mean by "relax in the pools"...

Then visit the secret falls a major find for adventure,swing from ropes into the blue water climb the falls or relax in the pools.

Thanks for your help.

Hi

I'm thinking about going to the irie blue hole. Looks (and sounds) amazing. Just a question: what else can you do there, or is it "only" the blue hole (not that it's not enough) you go there for, or are there any other swimming/beach options around? Why I wonder is because I read this on Liberty tours website and wonder what they mean by "relax in the pools"...

Then visit the secret falls a major find for adventure,swing from ropes into the blue water climb the falls or relax in the pools.

Thanks for your help.

Did you watch that video that was posted above? It displays a vivid picture of the falls. We went there in November with Liberty Tours Jamaica and spent about 3 hrs there. We didn't want to leave. There are waterfalls, one large one that most pictures show, then smaller flowing ones that you can walk in and hike on with the guides. You can sit under the falls and feel the refreshment of the water on your shoulders and neck, in the pool of water. It really is amazing! So happy we found this paradise and Liberty Tours Jamaica to take us there!

Did you watch that video that was posted above? It displays a vivid picture of the falls. We went there in November with Liberty Tours Jamaica and spent about 3 hrs there. We didn't want to leave. There are waterfalls, one large one that most pictures show, then smaller flowing ones that you can walk in and hike on with the guides. You can sit under the falls and feel the refreshment of the water on your shoulders and neck, in the pool of water. It really is amazing! So happy we found this paradise and Liberty Tours Jamaica to take us there!

Thank you for posting your experience at the falls and with Liberty Tours Jamaica. We will be visiting in late March and have booked this tour as well. Can you tell me if the water was colder than the beaches? I see some pictures with people wearing rash guards and I am wondering if it's because the water is cold. Thanks!

Dolfans from Miami

Edited by dolfans0704

Thank you for posting your experience at the falls and with Liberty Tours Jamaica. We will be visiting in late March and have booked this tour as well. Can you tell me if the water was colder than the beaches? I see some pictures with people wearing rash guards and I am wondering if it's because the water is cold. Thanks!

Dolfans from Miami

The water was colder than the beaches, in the large water fall area because of the depth of the Blue Hole. It would be a good idea to wear those water shirts. The flat path and small waterfall area, rope swing area, and hidden cave was not cold. Considering the average air temperature and humidity in Jamaica is 80-88 degrees, year round, the water in the Blue Hole felt great!

Edited by sundayb

The water was colder than the beaches, in the large water fall area because of the depth of the Blue Hole. It would be a good idea to wear those water shirts. The flat path and small waterfall area, rope swing area, and hidden cave was not cold. Considering the average air temperature and humidity in Jamaica is 80-88 degrees, year round, the water in the Blue Hole felt great!

Thank you so much for the information. This helps us a lot in planning for our visit. :)

Dolfans from Miami