Tender boats

toronto1960

On our last sailing, we were supposed to tender also, according to the paperwork, but ended up docking. Belize is always a tender port for all lines. And there may be some stairs - no ladders. Enjoy your cruise!!

It should be on your cruise confirmation ( under edocs). It is on mine

Apparently your cruise docs may not be accurate when it comes to docking or tendering. From my understanding at certain ports it is just the standard to put "tendering" if there is a chance you might.

On your sailing (the same as mine a week later), the only other ship that should be in port that day is the Caribbean Princess according to the dock schedule. Also in my research Princess docks at the new Mahogany Bay dock and NCL docks at Coxen Hole.

So the only tender we should have is Belize. BTW for what it's worth I've heard Belize tenders can be rough.

You walk down a ramp then step into the tender. . . there's one or two steps. There is always something to hold, including a crew member.

I find that last few feet at the edge of the platform to be more unsteady than the rest of the walk, including stepping into the smaller boat. Just take your time.

That above post says it well. Take your time when boarding the tender, if you feel uncomfortable. The crew does not want you to hurry or get hurt. If you have an issue, like my wife does with bad knees, just mention to the crew helping you and they will help you as much as you need. Sometimes the tender might be rocking up and down against the side of the ship. The crew will help you time a smooth step into the tender.

That above post says it well. Take your time when boarding the tender, if you feel uncomfortable. The crew does not want you to hurry or get hurt. If you have an issue, like my wife does with bad knees, just mention to the crew helping you and they will help you as much as you need. Sometimes the tender might be rocking up and down against the side of the ship. The crew will help you time a smooth step into the tender.

I might also add that the crew are very good at alleviating unreasonable fears. I'm always scared to death that something will move and I'll land in the ocean loading the tender. The crew have always been good humored and very good with me.