POA questions

mar2c1

Got off the POA on Dec. 28th. The first night was surf and turf (steak and lobster). There was one night when prime rib was offered. The captain was available for photos on the third night of the cruise, but I don't remember if there was a "Captain's Dinner." After eating a few nights in the main dining rooms, my husband and son were ready to switch to the specialty restaurants!

Got off the POA on Dec. 28th. The first night was surf and turf (steak and lobster). There was one night when prime rib was offered. The captain was available for photos on the third night of the cruise, but I don't remember if there was a "Captain's Dinner." After eating a few nights in the main dining rooms, my husband and son were ready to switch to the specialty restaurants!

Why? What was wrong with the MDR and the other'free' food venues?

I don't remember much about the Main Dining room except it was PACKED with, at times, long waits. I figured out why when I experienced the slooooooow service.

Ate at the French restaurant and it was DELICIOUS. However - they were out of escargot! Major bummer as that was one of the main reasons we chose that one. We told them how disappointed we were but they didn't seem to mind. lol

The Chinese restaurant was ok - about the quality of PF Chang

Why? What was wrong with the MDR and the other'free' food venues?

Food in the MDR was ok. We were a party of five. Some entrees were good but not great, some very dissapointing. We would usually be seated in the MDR after a short wait and then sit awhile until we either got someone's attention or they had a moment to come over and acknowledge us. Once they did, the servers were usually very friendly and fairly attentive and service was pretty quick. In fact it was the fastest I have ever eaten meals in a cruise ship dining room! We ate in the buffet a couple of times for lunch and I thought it was a nice selection and tasted pretty good. After three dinners in the MDR my husband and son decided they wanted better food at a slower pace. We ate at Cagneys, Jefferson's Bistro (they had escargot the night we went) and La Cucina which were all very good. We also ate at East Meets West where again some of the entrees were very good and some not so much.