Toll Roads from MCO to Port Canaveral

jacksmycat

My husband and I will be renting a car to drive from the Orlando airport to a hotel in Cape Canaveral the day before we cruise in April. I've heard there are some toll roads in Florida that don't have the option to pay cash for tolls. Are there any on the way that don't have the cash option. I know you have to buy something from the rental car for cashless tolls or you will pay a penalty.

Edited by jacksmycat

Hi,

we drove a rental car from mco to cocoa beach ( on 528 ) on nov 30, 2013 and back to mco on dec 8, 2013.

There were two stations on the way to pay the toll, each had a person or two working there and taken the money. I also asked for a receipt in each station just in case if there was a need to prove that the toll was paid.

all tolls in the Orlando area have cash option and the vast majority have manned lanes - only a couple of exits feeding residential areas are exact change / electrons only and there is no reason for you to use them.

be aware that around Orlando the 'pay' lanes often look like an exit lane to the right while electronic toll lanes just go straight thru with no gates. If you don't watch the signs it is easy to just blow thru an electron lane without realizing it.

tollmap_zps821b25c5.jpg

Just did the same thing last month. Easy peasy!! Upon leaving the parking garage where you pick up your rental car (w/most co.'s, anyway), just follow the signs for the Beachline hwy 528 (formerly the Beeline). There are two or three tolls between the airport and Cocoa Beach, each one being $1.00. Don't go for the pre-paid toll option with the rental company.

When entering a toll plaza, stay to the right, then after the split the exact change booth(s) are on the left. Throw in four quarters and you're done.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Edited by dreamer976

all tolls in the Orlando area have cash option and the vast majority have manned lanes - only a couple of exits feeding residential areas are exact change / electrons only and there is no reason for you to use them.

be aware that around Orlando the 'pay' lanes often look like an exit lane to the right while electronic toll lanes just go straight thru with no gates. If you don't watch the signs it is easy to just blow thru an electron lane without realizing it.

tollmap_zps821b25c5.jpg

Very helpful map there Capt. Thanks for posting it!