What is this celebration cabin like please?

Hi, we've been on the spirit which is the same , cabins are really roomy with lots of storage.

The celebration is platinum so cabins have all been re furbed and look very good.

Some twins are in an L shape so can't be made into a king size beds so if that matters you can check which and choose a cabin to suit you ,Thomson charge £42 for this.

I do know the Celebration has a huge following and is very popular . I've heard the food is very good and the whole ship looks great after the recent work.

I'm sure someone who's sailed on her will add a comment soon to give you more info.

We have just booked for the Caribbean next January!(good AI price). Does any one know what cabin 418on deck 3 is like? I have looked on the "cabin review"thread but that cabin is not covered

Hi Dab,

We returned home from Celebration last Sunday after a week onboard over New Year. 28th Dec to 4th Jan - Cabin 539. We also had cabin 484 for a few hours on our last day - £30.00 extra ( we spent last new year on Celebration too, in the Red Sea )

Your cabin should be ok but check your bed configuration is suitable for you. We paid the £42.00 as Dreamgirl advises - to ensure a double bed.

We would have to say that the only difference in our cabin last year to " Platinum " status this year ..... is the kettle !!

£15.00 a week charge for the safe too :(

We had a great time meeting lots of lovely people onboard and of course the wonderful, very hardworking, always friendly cabin stewards, cleaning staff and restaurant staff - who really are the heart and soul of Celebration and your holiday.

Happy to answer anymore questions you may have.

JoeHoliday2,

Thanks for the photos, we are going on Celebration next month so they were good to see. I agree it doesn't look very Platinum but it looks good enough for me, now that it's only 4 weeks away.

By the way, in the photos it looked like there were British style 3 pin plugs, is that correct? And was the hairdryer very powerful ( for other half)?

Cheers,

Jim

JoeHoliday2,

By the way, in the photos it looked like there were British style 3 pin plugs, is that correct? And was the hairdryer very powerful ( for other half )

Hi jimb98 - in our cabin 539 there was NOT a 3 pin British socket. :( however in 484 there was !

I took my own hair dryer and straightners this last cruise, as it did my head in last year trying to get my hair dry with a pitifully underrated dryer and also the cord is sooooooo short and fixed to the dressing table ......Be prepared - it will take twice as long to dry if she don't take her own ....

Take your own shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, as only shampoo ( cheap and nasty too) is supplied now ... Platinum ship !!, ( our first stop in La Palma was the Spa shop to buy supplies !!

In case you have not seen them these are the pictures I took of Celebration last May just after the AHEM "platinum" upgrade.

https://joeholiday2.shutterfly.com/pictures/1649

Explorers has now changed into a coffee shop, and there are new balconies, hopefully someone will post some pictures of those soon.[/quote

I got photos From the deck only of new the balconies but need to figure out how to get them on here !

I did go in one cabin to have a look and they are very nice indeed - light, bright and rather contemporary hotel looking. We met a lovely couple who were upgraded to one, and I'm sure they won't mind me saying - they were "spoilt " all week by Thompsons.

I thought that a single standard UK 3 pin socket was supposed to be in all cabins by now.

They are to take the kettle. (it probably needs the extra power)

I don't know how powerful the hairdryer is, I don't think you are allowed to take your own anyway.

Shallwe, you would need to put the pictures on a photosharing website like flickr or the one I use. What type of socket did the kettle plug in to?

I thought that a single standard UK 3 pin socket was supposed to be in all cabins by now.

They are to take the kettle. (it probably needs the extra power)

I don't know how powerful the hairdryer is, I don't think you are allowed to take your own anyway.

Shallwe, you would need to put the pictures on a photosharing website like flickr or the one I use. What type of socket did the kettle plug in to?

When we were on the Celebration last year a jug kettle was "hard-wired" and secured to the dressing table and proved to be an absolute pain as it could not be moved. A tray with cups (not mugs) and all other bits and bobs to make a cuppa sat next to it and due to limited flat surfaces there was nowhere else to put it consequently dressing table space was extremely limited.

It is personal kettles and irons that are not allowed.

Hairdryers and straighteners are permitted. I have a 1200w dual speed/dual voltage travel hairdryer which I take and switch to 110v. This is plugged in to a short 4 way extension bar connected to a two pin adaptor. Cameras and phones can also be charged at the same time if needed while hair is being dried.:)

When we were on the Celebration last year a jug kettle was "hard-wired" and secured to the dressing table and proved to be an absolute pain as it could not be moved. A tray with cups (not mugs) and all other bits and bobs to make a cuppa sat next to it and due to limited flat surfaces there was nowhere else to put it consequently dressing table space was extremely limited.

It is personal kettles and irons that are not allowed.

Hairdryers and straighteners are permitted. I have a 1200w dual speed/dual voltage travel hairdryer which I take and switch to 110v. This is plugged in to a short 4 way extension bar connected to a two pin adaptor. Cameras and phones can also be charged at the same time if needed while hair is being dried.:)

Yes skioncruises and joeholiday - Kettle cable secured by staples and kettle base screwed / fixed to dressing table, hard wired in somewhere under the cupboard for bottles . No other space for large tray with two cups and saucers etc, only tiny cream pots supplied with endless sachets of decaf coffee and no sugar. Sure she replenished and swapped for proper coffee - but to keep having to ask is rather tedious. We also take a small extension bar and so pleased we remembered to pack our socket adapter As there was not a uk three pin socket in 539.

Yes skioncruises and joeholiday - Kettle cable secured by staples and kettle base screwed / fixed to dressing table, hard wired in somewhere under the cupboard for bottles . No other space for large tray with two cups and saucers etc, only tiny cream pots supplied with endless sachets of decaf coffee and no sugar. Sure she replenished and swapped for proper coffee - but to keep having to ask is rather tedious. We also take a small extension bar and so pleased we remembered to pack our socket adapter As there was not a uk three pin socket in 539.

I found their selection on the tray strange. Cream for coffee, fair enough, but no milk for tea.:confused: DH is a tea drinker and cups are no good to him. Fortunately we took our insulated mugs with us and used them. Managed three mugs per kettle which was fine - 2 for DH 1 for me. Additional teabags were purloined as and when required when we went to Lido. I drink hot water or occasionally weak black coffee (one sachet to two mugs) so situation didn't bother me.:)