First timer Navigator - General questions

genes007

It has been our experience that the stabilizers on Marnier and Voyager work better. The Navigator has a different types of engines. A book could be written on the tens of millions of dollars spent to fix mechanical issues on the Navigator. Not sure if you could do a search of the Regent boards in 2007 - 2009. You would be surprised at what you would read.

I am in not saying that the ship is unsafe. She is very safe. The more I think about it, I am 99.9% certain that the Mariner and Voyager are more stable in rough seas. It's just the way it is.

Are you saying that more motion is ok for the "new" ones, but not for someone like you? There has been no concern mentioned about safety, just can't comprehend your belittling, IMHO, towards new cruisers on the Regent ships. :(

We've sailed on Voyager, Mariner and Navigator and would place them in that order of preference. But that's OUR opinion and of course it's very subjective because we all have different likes and dislikes. The truth is that asking for anyone's opinion on a particular ship before sailing on her isn't going to give a totally balanced view. Like I say, one person's "cruise from hell" is another's trip of a lifetime.

Are you saying that more motion is ok for the "new" ones, but not for someone like you? There has been no concern mentioned about safety, just can't comprehend your belittling, IMHO, towards new cruisers on the Regent ships. :(

Ditto....+1

"Are you saying that more motion is ok for the "new" ones, but not for someone like you? There has been no concern mentioned about safety, just can't comprehend your belittling, IMHO, towards new cruisers on the Regent ships. "

Ditto.....+2

Edited by rallydave

Just my opinion. Maybe because there are many of us that have posted that we prefer the other ships. Our next Caribbean cruise will be on Oceania's Riviera. I'm voting with my money.

The only point I was trying to make is that newbies do not have other Regent ships to compare it to. They just see the large suites, fabulous service, etc. I try to make my posts as honest as possible. As much as I love(d)? The Voyager, I still point out the aft vibration. On the Mariner, the suites are smaller nothing is perfect and little escapes my notice.

:confused: As usual I am confused. You have stated many times that you are very much opposed to ships that promote a class system and yet you are booked on Riviera that has not one but two, exclusive (Entry by key card only) lounges. ??? Just curious as I am sure you will enjoy the Riviera.:)

Really...is all this necessary. I thought it had gotten better in the last month or so but there is really no value in the last few posts. I am "new to regent" and did not take offence to TC's comment. I really don't know how she intended the comment but why the need to jump to the negative conclusions? It doesn't really leave a great impression for us "new" people on the "regent regulars"!

Soo... changing the subject to our actual cruise. I was looking forward to the views of Sunprince, so it will be interesting to see how consistent we are. We have also sailed on Voyager and on Oceania Nautica.

Motion: The first two days there were pretty good swells, my wife had a very rough time those first two days. I'm lucky it didn't bother me. The ship was handing out a lot of meds! We were deck 7 forward.

Service: The service was superb. Our stewardess was the best we have ever had. She ran circles around the butler we had on our Voyager cruise last year. The dining room staff and management were excellent, the manager in Veranda called us by name after two days. We felt the staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.

Destination Services: For us this was the weak spot, they didn't seem organized and they were very uncommunicative when things weren't going smoothly. On the other hand we only went on included excursions, and we found them to be informative, fun and the guides good.

Food: I know this is VERY SUBJECTIVE. Except for an excellent meal in Prime 7 we found the food to be good to very good, leaning more towards the good. I travel extensively and often eat at fine restaurants. I am frankly looking forward to Regents new ship with more small dining venues. I believe in that environment the food will be better, in my opinion its darn hard to serve great food in Compass Rose with the volume of meals that they serve, but they sure try very hard. I believe I saw that Sunprince was disappointed in the New Years menu which was the same that Travelcat2 shared, we found the menu to be very pleasing and we enjoyed the meal very much.

Repeat guests: We were told that there were 300 repeat guests on this cruise, with many at the higher tiers. The previous weeks cruise to the Amazon had even more. Despite some of the areas of concern expressed on this Board, it appears they truly do inspire loyalty and many guests stick with Regent.

Will we cruise with Regent again, absolutely. Even though only one of us drinks, I really like not having to sign chits for all kinds of "extras". We also like the relaxed dress code. Could we cruise in a less expensive manner, yes of course, but this works well for us.

Despite the occasional family bickering on this Board, thank you to all of you that contribute, as it provides great information for travelers like me. Regards and Happy New Year!

If I may jump in, I too will be a first time Regent cruiser . We will be traveling with another couple and plan to dine together sometimes, or even having desert together ,are the tables 4 top ? or are they tables for 2 ? . Is it open seating or assigned seating. Thank You

If I may jump in, I too will be a first time Regent cruiser . We will be traveling with another couple and plan to dine together sometimes, or even having desert together ,are the tables 4 top ? or are they tables for 2 ? . Is it open seating or assigned seating. Thank You

Open seating, tables for 2, 4, 6 etc. You can set together and or share on a larger table to meet other guests.

They will accommodate whatever you want/need without hesitation. For example, we attended a birthday party for a lovely lady we met onboard. At the party we met another couple and decided to head down to the compass rose for dinner together afterwards. They very quickly seated us in a nice table for 4.