Sat, 2/22 disembark on Constellation

bsbcgirl

I was wondering what to expect on Sat,2/22 when we ( two of us) disembark from Connie. Have heard some unpleasant experiences depending on the terminal used. We do not want to do early/self disembark, since we have a 2:00 pm flight. Thanks.

Edited by bsbcgirl

My experience has been that the earlier you get off - Self-Embarkation, the better - lines for taxi's shorter, etc. However, since you do not wish to do Self-Embarkation, wait until the latest that you can stay on the ship and still get to the airport in plenty of time. Lines die down, new taxi's are bringing in passengers from the airport, so you should be able to get one with no problem. ;)

We disembarked from the Constellation on December 19th, a Thursday, from Terminal 4. Our departing number was towards the end and we did have to wait in lines to get off the ship, again getting our luggage and finally, going through customs. It was a lengthy process (and annoying at times). It took us well in excess of an hour.

As others have said, the earlier you get off the better off you'll be. We're back on the Connie in two weeks and we will try to get an earlier departure time.

Edited by Oville

If you are flying out of MIA, you may also find that if you wait, it will take you forever to get through security at the airport. We have experienced times where we left the ship before 8am, only to find that we waited an hour to get through Customs, then another 45 minutes to check our bags, then another hour at the TSA line. We still had plenty of time to sit and wait, but we sure were glad we weren't the people stressing g about making their flight!

Algebralovr makes a good point about what to expect at the airport. Since you didn't ask for that information, I didn't think about what you would encounter once you got to the airport. Either airport, MIA or FLL will be crowded with all the other ships passengers. Go early! In April, my daughters and I will be flying out of PBI instead.

Looks like so far Constellation has been using terminal 4 the last few weeks. I used that once and had a easy time. However, it was another cruise line and a few years back.

I am also getting off the same day of Eclipse at the infamous terminal 24 which is really bad (at least my 2 past experiences).

Have a good cruise.

Bill

We disembarked from the Constellation on December 19th, a Thursday, from Terminal 4. Our departing number was towards the end and we did have to wait in lines to get off the ship, again getting our luggage and finally, going through customs. It was a lengthy process (and annoying at times). It took us well in excess of an hour.

As others have said, the earlier you get off the better off you'll be. We're back on the Connie in two weeks and we will try to get an earlier departure time.

We are going on our first cruise at the end of March and interested in your comment on trying to get an earlier departure. How doe you get an early departure?