Pedicure near Embassy Suites, FLL

Allis154

Circumstances (ie...blizzard!) has prevented me from getting a pedicure before I leave (2 days) and now I will have to (ok...want to) have one done while in FL.

We are staying at the Embassy Suites, 17th st. Does anyone know of a good day spa in the area? I could wait for the ship, but would rather have it done on land.

I have one of google called Dessange. Does anybody know this one?

There is a nail shop across the street from Embassy Suites - Harbor Nails - something like that. It's next to Starbucks.

I had a mani/pedi there before my November cruise and they did a good job. I believe it was around $30-35? I would be prepared to pay in cash though - there were several gentleman doing some type of business by phone at the back tables that sounded almost like telemarketing. I'm always suspicious of that type of thing :rolleyes:

At this time of year Florida is packed with tourists so the nail places get crazy . You may have a long wait unless you can get an appointment in advance.

trying to get an appointment :)

Last spring there was a nail salon in the Publix shopping plaza right by the Embassy Suites. There are a lot of shops in that little area.

That is where this one is located.

• 1 month later...

Re:There is a nail shop across the street from Embassy Suites - Harbor Nails - something like that. It's next to Starbucks.

I had a mani/pedi there before my November cruise and they did a good job. I believe it was around $30-35? I would be prepared to pay in cash though - there were several gentleman doing some type of business by phone at the back tables that sounded almost like telemarketing. I'm always suspicious of that type of thing :rolleyes:

I've been there a couple of times and I LOVE their service. They do an excellent job on mani/pedis. The last time I went there was Jan and I picked up my Starbucks next door before I went to get a pedicure. I can't praise the service enough. The nails lasted so much longer than others that I've been to. I know you must be back from your trip but for others that are interested....here you go. :D

There is a nail shop across the street from Embassy Suites - Harbor Nails - something like that. It's next to Starbucks.

That's interesting as you are not really allowed to run other businesses out of a licensed salon.

Dessange is located in the shopping mall behind Embassy Suites (it's on the second level on the right as you walk towards the mall). My sister had a pedicure there one time before our cruise and she was pleased with the service.

~~Maun

Re:There were several gentleman doing some type of business by phone at the back tables that sounded almost like telemarketing. I'm always suspicious of that type of thing :rolleyes:

I don't recall that taking place at that location. :D

• 1 month later...
Dessange is located in the shopping mall behind Embassy Suites (it's on the second level on the right as you walk towards the mall). My sister had a pedicure there one time before our cruise and she was pleased with the service.

~~Maun

Tried booking there...wouldn't go back. Said we had appointments, but wouldn't confirm...got there and was basically ignored...rude staff.

we went to harbor nails...wouldn't go back there either. Mani peeled off in a couple of days...pedi was ok (they use the cheese grater thing...and just put it back in the drawer without sanitizing)...polish had to be reapplied on the ship two days later as it peeled...

Wouldn't waste my time or money at either place. I'll get it done at home or wait until the ship.

(polish from the ship stayed on until I scrubbed it off last weekend. No chips or anything!)

Edited by Allis154