New on HAL

happygran

We've done a few cruises on RCI, NCL & Celebrity................and are booked on a HAL cruise next year.

We have a couple of questions.......

Is it true that we can gain immediate access to our cabin once onboard?

Is it also true that we can stay in our cabin until we're called for debarkation?

How can that be?

Yes and Yes, in most cases. There might be an odd exception when you cannot go immediately to your cabin but most of the time, when they begin boarding guests (usually around 11:30 A.M., give or take), guests' cabins are ready for occupancy.

And yes, you can wait in your cabin to debark but you likely will be off the ship by about 9:30 at the tail end of debarkation...... in most cases. Our debark times are predicated upon our ongoing travel plans such as early flight, no air travel required etc

We've done a few cruises on RCI, NCL & Celebrity................and are booked on a HAL cruise next year.

Is it also true that we can stay in our cabin until we're called for debarkation?

How can that be?

We are new to HAL, too, and we were very happy to hear that we can stay in our cabin until we are called. We cruise mostly on NCL, which also does that, so we're used to it, and love it. So much better than sitting in a public room with tons of people. Edited by Cruise_More_Often

How can that be?

Welcome!:) Sail has already answered your questions, and I must say being able to go straight to your cabin is one of the advantages of sailing on HAL. My other favourite is the wrap-around teak promenade deck. I also love RCI, the smaller ships, though, not the Oasis or Allure.

Yes and Yes, in most cases. There might be an odd exception when you cannot go immediately to your cabin but most of the time, when they begin boarding guests (usually around 11:30 A.M., give or take), guests' cabins are ready for occupancy.

And yes, you can wait in your cabin to debark but you likely will be off the ship by about 9:30 at the tail end of debarkation...... in most cases. Our debark times are predicated upon our ongoing travel plans such as early flight, no air travel required etc

No and No, in our case.

Debarkation I watched the ship come to the dock and tie up, then had to fight my way through a mob (MOB!!!) of people to get to my stateroom. I am no longer strong enough to disembark early (or middle :().

Like the other lines we have used. First and last days are the reason I may not cruise again. Love the shipboard days, and the sea. :p

Sorry for your bad experience.

In order to avoid the MOB on a future cruise, plan to stay over at least one night post cruise in the disembarkation port and you can be last off the ship. If you have no rush to get to an airport or other transportation, you can ask for last color/letter disembarkation. No Mob to cope with.

As to Embarkation day..... arrive at the terminal after the crowd has boarded. If you come at 2:00, you likely will not experience a big crowd in the terminal. If you come early, you will be part of a group of hundreds trying to board.

Yes and No in our case. Wheelchair assistance took us direct to our cabin. For wheelchair assistance on debarkation we had to be in a designated location (the ocean bar) half hour prior to our scheduled departure.

How can that be?

AND not only can you stay in your stateroom until you are called for debarkation you can have breakfast delivered from Room Service. I suggest you use the door menu card left by your room steward to assure it arrives at your needed time.

Sometimes your room stewards will ask your permission to enter your stateroom while you are still waiting to begin changing bed linen and such.

AND not only can you stay in your stateroom until you are called for debarkation you can have breakfast delivered from Room Service. I suggest you use the door menu card left by your room steward to assure it arrives at your needed time.

Sometimes your room stewards will ask your permission to enter your stateroom while you are still waiting to begin changing bed linen and such.

We have also invited the stewards in -- just because we do enjoy the welcome onboard --- we always have been ready to leave before our 'time', so we open our door for them to do their change over even if we are waiting for our time