Dawn 12/08/13 Review

DCP

You can't. The reviews with pictures need to be written here on board. :)

I read your review, it was a nice change to the negativity lately - especially with Dawn. And yes, it's completely normal that the concierge can make reservations for MDRs, we have done that on several cruises when in a suite.

Well that stinks! Live and learn. What is funny is the gentleman in the suite next to us INSISTED that the concierge would not make MDR reservations....and could not be convinced otherwise!

Well that stinks! Live and learn. What is funny is the gentleman in the suite next to us INSISTED that the concierge would not make MDR reservations....and could not be convinced otherwise!

The concierge can do just about anything, within reason. If we decide to eat in an MDR, we head down, if there is a line and/or pagers, a quick call to the concierge gets us a table immediately.

Thank you DCP for writing your review! I enjoyed reading it and I love cruising just how you did minus the sea sickness. You certainly made the best of it. I do have a question about costa maya...is tropicante right at the port or did you have to travel there? I am more interested in the massages...do you remember the price? Thanks in advance,

Coka

Really enjoyed reading your recap. :)

Sorry you had the illness, which is never fun.

I was onboard Norwegian Dawn just a few weeks before you and agree totally about the quality of the onboard crew. With all that had just happened in the Philippines, I was concerned about some things (and I had lowered my expectations of the quality of onboard service for this reason). They met or exceeded ALL expectations, and I had some of the nicest conversations with several of them each and every day.

My debarkation was a big poo, but I'd repeat that week's experience again without hesitation.

Looking forward to meeting you on our 12/13/14 sailing! :)

Thank you all for the nice comments!

Coka, the massages are $30 for an hour. I am not sure if you can request it, but ask for them to be out on the beach vs. in the *room*. You get the breeze off the beach that way. (We tipped them too) They do an amazing job! Just email Steve at Tropicante to reserve a spot when you are in port. You do have to take a cab, it is $3. pp each way (grab a cab outside the port) He'll send you all the info when you email him!

che5904 - we usually always have a balcony, we were blessed from the upsell fairy on this one! We love our balconies too!

Don - thank you - I always follow your posts, and I am looking forward to our 12-13-14 cruise and meeting you too!! Lots of firsts for us on that one, first time being on a big ship, first time at those ports, first time with our grandson on board! I always wonder about it when I read the negative posts about the crews, we honestly have not once had a bad experience....we always try to look at the glass half full, maybe that is the difference?

MoJen - you're going to get bitten by the cruising bug!! I LOVE it!! Even with the being sea sick, I would board a ship tomorrow again if I could. (if we lived near a port it would be dangerous!!) Time will fly and your trip will be here before you know it!

Love My Butler - since this was our first time in a suite we weren't sure of what all was possible, but I really thought that reservation was a no brainer. The *seasoned* cruiser in the next suite was nice enough, although he wasn't as informed as he thought he was!

As far as the negativity, I think how you go into it really does affect how your vacation plays out. We knew there had been issues and were prepared for them. (and it turned out we didn't have to even deal with any of them!) We consider ourselves very blessed to be able to afford to take a cruise and so look forward to each and every one of them. Life is too short.

To all boarding soon - ENJOY!!! (and I am now counting down till 12-13-14!)

So the seasick patches didn't work for you? We are leaving in 2 weeks in a forward Penthouse on the Dawn. I get seasick too and was worried about being at the front of the ship. Did the ginger ale work?

IMO motion sickness meds are like pain meds. They take a long time to do anything if you wait until you are already having symptoms.

If you know that you normally get motion sick, wear the patch before the sickness comes on. The OP stated she didn't put hers on ahead of time but waiting until after she was already getting symptoms.