Gold Creek Salmon Bake?

glenjau

Reading information about Gold Creek Salmon Bake... They run a 'free shuttle bus' - how far is it from the pier??? Also, can you book the 'salmon bake' directly with them or is possible to just turn up???

Looks Delicious :)

Sorry, but I don't have any of your answers, but I can say I have read quite a few reveiws that said they were disapointed in the Salmon Bake and I haven't seen any reviews that said it was great. Hopefully someone with firsthand knowledge will reply to you.

The salmon was great with live local folk singer. They did shuttle us back to our ship directly and the driver provided colourful local commentary, far better than the ship guide. THey stopped at each ship. There is also a pretty walk along the creek and we got great pics of a rapid close up. Don't know if you can book locally but I would try if I could cuz the ships charge alot.

We did Gold Creek a few weeks ago and loved it. The salmon was excellent (as well as all the other food there) and the setting is beautiful. You can walk through the rainforest to a waterfall which is very pretty. We were too full to roast marshmallows but everyone looked to be having a great time. We booked through the ship and it was the same price as if we had booked with them directly. Our shuttle driver stopped at other ships and downtown so I'm guessing it wasn't "cruiseline specific" and you can return to the ship at your leisure as there are shuttles running back and forth. I booked it because I had read many very positive reviews and I'm really glad we didn't miss it.

Man - now I have one more thing I want to do on our short day in Juneau. I'm glad you all posted your opinions and I thank you since I really only had seen negative things before. Again, I guess it all has to do with the person not necessarily the place. This sounds like something us girls would enjoy while we send our men (not seafood eaters) elsewhere.

Thanks again for everyone's input and I hope the OP received all of your great info.

My daughter and I enjoyed the salmon bake. We especially enjoyed the live music and the walk up the short trail to a pretty waterfall. It was a relaxing, casual time.

My husband and I are scheduled to do it again this year.

I suppose it depends on what your expectations are--I didn't have any! I was prepared to enjoy whatever it was.

The salmon was very tasty, btw.

HI All, thank you for your replies.... I definately want to do this excursion, but I would like to know if the 'shuttle' bus is waiting at the pier and can I just rock up or do I have to have reservations??????

Glenjau - be there in 7 weeks! :)

There will be a dock booth, just purchase the dinner. The bus runs quite frequently, probably about every 30 min or less.

Budget Queen, Thanks for this level of info. Do you know how much the dinner costs???

Glenjau:)

Archived