Switching from reg to aft facing ext balcony

tbtma

:) We will be in an Aft Wrap on the Carnival Splendor in a few days... we spent days pouring over deck plans and looking at pics and reviews. We are smokers and wanted to find a place where we could enjoy our cigs in peace without offending others (read as leave us alone). I assume many smokers will opt for similar accommodations...so keep that in mind. We are looking forward our unobstructed view. We will let you know.:D

The aft wrap is better for smokers concerned about others or complaints from others:) because the air flow is better, with the direct aft there is no wind to blow the smoke away in a hurry.

I did take the Aft Ext Balcony room. I couldn't justify $400 each for a wrap around.

I have a friend next door in the port wrap around, and another friend in the Aft Ext on my other side. If we can open the barriers, we'll have heaps of room.

It's only been two days since I booked, 10 months to sail away, and I'm itching to get onboard already.

As for smoking on Aussie based ships, smoking on balconies is an offence according to the T&Cs and can get you put off the ship.

Edited by Greensteam

It depends on if the weather will be hot. I paid $120 extra for an aft balcony and regretted it. Hot and very humid back there. I wasn't able to use the balcony as much as I usually use a side balcony.

I agree with this poster. We "upgraded" to an aft extended on our breeze cruise and regretted it. We hated the aft. I didnt like not being able to see where we were going (ocd much?!) and it was soooo hot. Couldnt even walk out there without shoes. We almost never used it.

I did take the Aft Ext Balcony room. I couldn't justify $400 each for a wrap around.

I have a friend next door in the port wrap around, and another friend in the Aft Ext on my other side. If we can open the barriers, we'll have heaps of room.

It's only been two days since I booked, 10 months to sail away, and I'm itching to get onboard already.

As for smoking on Aussie based ships, smoking on balconies is an offence according to the T&Cs and can get you put off the ship.

This will happen in USA eventually although given population of USA compared to our small population in relation to the number of smokers it may take a while to ban Balcony smoking?

Have you joined your "Roll Call" yet ?

This will happen in USA eventually although given population of USA compared to our small population in relation to the number of smokers it may take a while to ban Balcony smoking?

Have you joined your "Roll Call" yet ?

No, not yet.

We had an aft-wrap on the Victory, my parents had the aft-extended next to us and my daughters had the L-shaped cabin on the other side of us.

We were able to open all the balcony dividers to make on BIG BIG balcony. We loved it! Enjoy your cruise, we love the aft!

For only $50 more (total) I think you should try it at least once. We prefer the aft balcony over any other room on the ship. We love the location and seeing the wake off the back of the ship. Sometimes they charge up to $400 (total) more for the aft (compared to the regular balcony room)! I'd jump on that deal before the aft rooms get filled!

• 3 weeks later...
We had an aft extended on Carnival splendor and it was just BELOW the adult pool area and Deli/Tandoori section and heard no noise from above at all!

The afts usually jut out a bit so the deck above rail is in the centre of the aft cabin so i would imagine the noise from above would be heard from the interior cabins?

also it isnt exactly quiet back there anyway, the wake/prop noise usually drowns out any noise from above but even the prop noise didnt bother us and we were in one of the bulkhead types (bit like a cove) where the noise amplifies a bit.

Looks like you might have been on the end by one of the wrap aft balcony's (maybe 8461)? Did the 8th floor have the full cover on all the aft balcony's....(even the wrap).....it is really hard to tell from every picture I've seen - my husband is really afraid of people throwing things onto the patio while we're down there...(or water spraying down when they clean the lido deck around the pool.....we currently have 8457 with a long thin balcony but I believe it's fully covered.