FTTF luggage tag

Cruznjuly

Been reading everything I can about FTTF, and one thing that's popped up many times is to be sure there's the orange tag on luggage.

Is this provided by the porter? I went to print my luggage tags and the square is green, not orange- but it does say "F2F" (guess we have all been abbreviating it wrong lol) on it.

Also should it mention FTTF anywhere on my Boarding Pass? It doesn't.

Cruise is still 2 months away, but I wanted to set up a file so I feel like I'm doing something. Haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as it says F2F you should be fine. The porters will grab your luggage and put the orange priority sticker on. We weren't sure what to expect, but when we arrived at the port we were pretty much passed from one person to the next to make sure we were in the correct lines for everything - very nice! DH wasn't sure at first, but after how great everything went he was the one making sure we booked it again for our next cruise.

the ported put this 2" wide 6" long orange tag on all peices of our luggage. I'm platinum, didn't buy the F2F or FTTF...

Problem is that stupid ugly sticker was stuck to the hard sided plastic suitcase, and will not come off...

the ported put this 2" wide 6" long orange tag on all peices of our luggage. I'm platinum, didn't buy the F2F or FTTF...

Problem is that stupid ugly sticker was stuck to the hard sided plastic suitcase, and will not come off...

So it can be used over and over again. :D

Get some Goo Gone to remove it if it really bothers you.

Either in the household cleaner or automotive aisle.

My luggage tages have the Faster to the Fun logo on them. Until I asked the porter to put the orange tag on each piece of luggage I wasn't getting mine early as part of my Platinum perks. I'd just make sure the porter does so as I heard several FTTF folks complain they didn't get their bags early either.

They sure do stick! Had to use the Goo be Gone when I got home!

I used a tip from someone on here for our Thanksgiving Liberty cruise. We told the porter that we had FTTF and that our luggage needed to be in that pile. He put the stickers on and we watched him take our bags to the stack that had other FTTF stickers, THEN we tipped him. We just wanted to make certain that he knew that we knew that he couldn't just throw them in with the regular bags. All of our luggage was at our room within an hour.:)

Just an FYI to the original poster.. I happened to talk to Carnival just today, regarding similar question as yours.. I was told to not print my boarding passes etc until 30 days prior to sailing, to ensure they had the correct notations. ( priority, FTF, etc).. so wait a bit and reprint..

Just an FYI to the original poster.. I happened to talk to Carnival just today, regarding similar question as yours.. I was told to not print my boarding passes etc until 30 days prior to sailing, to ensure they had the correct notations. ( priority, FTF, etc).. so wait a bit and reprint..

Great tip- thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we cruised in October, our orange tagged luggage arrived at 6 pm. (We boarded at 12:00 noon.) Non-orange tagged luggage was arriving throughout the afternoon but ours was nowhere in sight. Stuff happens. It arrived and we didn't have to run around naked :eek: so all was well. :) Cruise was best ever. Just carry on anything you absolutely must have (Meds, toiletries, glasses, sunscreen, bathing suit and maybe a change of underwear) and you will be fine. You can take the carry-on to your cabin. Happy Sails.

When we cruised in October, our orange tagged luggage arrived at 6 pm. (We boarded at 12:00 noon.) Non-orange tagged luggage was arriving throughout the afternoon but ours was nowhere in sight. Stuff happens. It arrived and we didn't have to run around naked :eek: so all was well. :) Cruise was best ever. Just carry on anything you absolutely must have (Meds, toiletries, glasses, sunscreen, bathing suit and maybe a change of underwear) and you will be fine. You can take the carry-on to your cabin. Happy Sails.

Glad to hear that you had a great cruise despite your luggage did not arrive early as expected.

I wonder if your luggage was mistakenly delivered to a wrong cabin, and therefore, didn't make it back to your until 6 PM?

Edited by botbienvn

• 2 weeks later...

That's a possibility I hadn't considered. It.'s just funny to read about how important it seems to be for people to get their luggage right away. I think the better advantage to Platinum or FTTF is being able to bring a carry-on right to your room. That way you can bring the most important things on with you.

I sailed the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore this past Summer and had FTTF and when I dropped my luggage off in the parking lot I pointed out to the porter that I had FTTF and he had no idea what I was talking about and put my luggage with all the other luggage. However, my luggage was waiting in the cabin when we boarded.

I sailed the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore this past Summer and had FTTF and when I dropped my luggage off in the parking lot I pointed out to the porter that I had FTTF and he had no idea what I was talking about and put my luggage with all the other luggage. However, my luggage was waiting in the cabin when we boarded.

Same here, the porter had no idea, but when the we arrived at our cabin the luggage was already there and had the orange stickers on it.

For my New Years cruise we printed our luggage tags 2 days prior to leaving, and made sure we printed them in colour.

The tags printed orange and we put them on our luggage, they were long strips that we had to cut out.

We also made a point of mentioning it to the Porter anyway, but we had no other stickers placed on our luggage, just the paper orange tag we printed stapled around our luggage handles.

Our luggage was at our rooms by noon :)

On our Dream cruise last week , they did not "peel and stick" the FTTF sticker, but rather left it on the backing and stapled it around a handle. I was really happy that they did it that way. We happened to spot 6 of our 8 bags ( 10 ppl) on a cart in the elevator area right after we boarded and it was forever until anyone elses luggage started coming up, including the other 2 as well as friends bags who also had FTTF. We dragged our bags in and the other two showed up later with the rest of our corridor.