GLORY: Cat 9 ?

:confused: Anyone been in any of these cabins? Can people look over the edge on the top deck? Do they throw things like cigarrette butts over the edge? If so, I'm thinking one of the lower decks might be better. Also, how do they compare to the cat 11 cabins on the Spirit class ships? :confused:

We have had these cabins twice corner wraparound on the Veranda deck and loved them. I never found anything on them at all and the only time people can see you is if you are standing at the railing. There are pictures of my balcony on here I think if you did a search of Mafiadon's 9A balcony pictures you can see them. We were just on the Valor. Linda

We have sailed in the AFT CORNER cabins on Conquest class vessels (CAT 9A) and a few times on Spirit Class (CAT 11). Though the balcony is large on both - you will find them roomier (wider) in the CAT 11's. As far as the interior, there is no comparison - Give me a multi room suite anytime... the CAT 9A's are a waste of a corner.. I have NO IDEA why CCL did not "suite up" the corners of these ships...

If you take a peek at our webshots (see Miracle July 3rd) you will find an exterior shot of the Conquest, where you can easliy make out the overhang, and relative sizes of the balcony on decks 6,7, and 8.

Tom

We were in a cat. 9 on the Miracle a few weeks ago and loved it. It wasn't a corner wraparound though. We were right behind the elevators, aft, room 7301, if you have a Carnival book. I wish I could have seen a cat. 11 to compare the 2, but no dice. BTW, we had 2 adults/2 teens in one room and had PLENTY of room. Check it out...........

http://photos.yahoo.com/debbin67

Debbie

We have sailed in the AFT CORNER cabins on Conquest class vessels (CAT 9A) and a few times on Spirit Class (CAT 11). Though the balcony is large on both - you will find them roomier (wider) in the CAT 11's. As far as the interior, there is no comparison - Give me a multi room suite anytime... the CAT 9A's are a waste of a corner.. I have NO IDEA why CCL did not "suite up" the corners of these ships...

If you take a peek at our webshots (see Miracle July 3rd) you will find an exterior shot of the Conquest, where you can easliy make out the overhang, and relative sizes of the balcony on decks 6,7, and 8.

Tom

Hey Tom.. we were in a category 11 on the Miracle and loved it.. said we'd never go back to anything else. We just booked a 9A on the Glory. From the brouchere, they looked comparable... it sounds like you're saying they are not. We're on deck 8 and from your picture it looks like they have one less window. Just the luck.

:confused: Anyone been in any of these cabins? Can people look over the edge on the top deck? Do they throw things like cigarrette butts over the edge? If so, I'm thinking one of the lower decks might be better. Also, how do they compare to the cat 11 cabins on the Spirit class ships? :confused:

Hey there. We were in a corner 11 on the Miracle last summer. We were blown away by the space and size of the balcony. With early seating dinner, we were in the room getting ready when we started to pull out. I went outside on the balcony in just my towel from my shower. I was enjoying things quite a bit when I heard chatter and finally looked above. A healthy line of people on the Lido deck were smiling down. I waved.. they laughed... and we went about watching the land get smaller. So you can see from above... just be aware. There were some cigarette buds on the balcony. I had assumed previous occupants had smoked, but you may be right, they may have come from above. These are all little things you can overlook.. these are fantastic cabins.. Luke

When we sailed on the Glory Cat9A - we were on deck 6 (6483)... 3 different times we found items on our deck (from either 7,8, or Lido). We found cigarette butts, a maraca, and a roach (not the kind w/legs)...:D

The cabin itself, though it felt spacious, did not have enough storage room (closets, shelves, etc...) when compared to a CAT11. There was no couch, only 1 chair - that chair ended up PILED with clothes, bags, etc...

Yes, one DOES get spoiled in a CAT11 corner suite... walk-in closet, make-up/changing area, sitting area w/TV, separate bedroom w/TV... and the 42' balcony(see link to webshots - Pride and Legend)... BTW, on deck 4 those aft corners (spirit class) have a much more substantial overhang above, so that you have full use of your balcony (you can treat it like your own private FUNNEL deck - and then some ;) )

Tom

• 8 months later...
When we sailed on the Glory Cat9A - we were on deck 6 (6483)... 3 different times we found items on our deck (from either 7,8, or Lido). We found cigarette butts, a maraca, and a roach (not the kind w/legs)...:D

Tom

Tom,

We just booked the Dec. 30th 2006 Cat9A on the Glory. We are in cabin 6483 which you have been in too! I went to your pictures and didn't see any of the cabin. We'll be on our honeymoon cruise and I was wondering if you had any pictures of the room and any special tips you know on the Glory. Thanks!

Andrew

Tom,

We just booked the Dec. 30th 2006 Cat9A on the Glory. We are in cabin 6483 which you have been in too! I went to your pictures and didn't see any of the cabin. We'll be on our honeymoon cruise and I was wondering if you had any pictures of the room and any special tips you know on the Glory. Thanks!

Andrew

I, for whatever reason, did not take interior pics of that cabin. Just a few of the balcony (which are online).

We will be sailing on the Glory on July 1st - we will be in the opposite corner wrap-around (6452) which is a mirror image of 6483. I will take plenty of pictures this time.

Message back on here after July 10th - and I can get some to you!!!

As far as tips - the only take-home message I can think of is not to miss the FISH & CHIPS station (1 level up in Red Sail restaurant !!!)

Tom

Keep in mind, the different class ships are very different on the back end!

We just got off the Conquest and had a cat 9 on the Veranda deck (8). The first thing we did was checked out the "view" from up above! On the Conquest class ships, the Lido deck is glassed in at the end. If you press yourself up against the window, you can see the edge of the balconies below. We stayed closer to the wall when sitting on our balcony and had no trouble. For the same reason, we had no trash, cigarettes, etc on our balcony. I can how stuff might float down to the lower balconies. For that matter people on 8 and 7 could be throwing things off their balconies to land on deck 6!

We had plenty of storage space, and I pack heavy!

The partitions between the rooms are slanted on the back of the ship, so it is quite easy for folks to see over from the side. Our theory is that it was one couple, and if they wanted to spend their cruise looking at us, more power to them (We actually didn't see them the whole cruise.)

They wash the windows on the Lido deck each night around 3 or 4 with automatic sprayers. The deck gets quite wet. It dries off fairly quickly in the morning, but we had to wipe off the chairs a couple of times!

Our friends who had a cat 11 on this cruise, liked our room enough to want to book it next time. Their room had a sofa and a bigger bathroom, but I spent much more time on my balcony then I would have on the sofa or bathroom!

We've been in a 9 and an 11 on the Spirit class ship. Neither was a back, wrap around cabin. I felt they were very comparable rooms. The biggest difference was the bathroom. The 11's was larger with a bathtub. It just wasn't worth the extra$$$ to us. We got "upgraded" from our 9A to the 11, and were disappointed!

My husband says to say that cat 9's are awful! But I think that is so there are more available for us. It used to be that they only cost a little more than the highest 8, and now they are close to what an 11 cost!

Denise

Archived