Disembarking

TheBeeSea

Hello

Looking at a Celebrity Cruise this August and its on Reflection and starts and end in Rome. However the ship docks at 05:00 and our flight is at 16:00 - what happens?

What time are you allowed to stay on board until?

Also is there good theatre shows on board?

Hello

Looking at a Celebrity Cruise this August and its on Reflection and starts and end in Rome. However the ship docks at 05:00 and our flight is at 16:00 - what happens?

What time are you allowed to stay on board until?

Also is there good theatre shows on board?

They want you off the ship as early as possible so that they can begin turning it over for the new arriving passengers. The new passengers typically arrive late morning so you would not be allowed to stay past that.

There are no shows on disembarkation day prior to the ship leaving for the next cruise.

You might consider a cruise tour that day. Typically they store your luggage or transport it to the airport for you while you tour then take you to the airport for your return flight home.

Everyone is off the ship usually by 9 AM. The staff will be cleaning the ship and getting the rooms ready for the next group. You have to fill out a form with your departure info. Late-flight passengers usually get off last, but not after 9. If you have a late flight, consider doing a post-cruise excursion with airport drop-off. It will take up some of the waiting time with an interesting activity. I've done this before and it was a good alternative to being at the airport the whole time.

By theater shows, so you mean live entertainment? I've not been on Reflection, but on the many other Celebrity ships the shows have been great. I don't go to the movies on ships, but they are newer releases. I don't know if there are cinemas on every ship anymore.

The production show dancers sometimes perform in the top-deck lounge at the nightly dance parties. The comedian also sometimes does short shows there. I've also been to a special performance of the production show singers. The party bands and other musical groups are very good.

Edited by Kathie44

I just happened to be browsing Celebrity's site this weekend and found this:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/singleColLanding.do?icid=pln_bm_shrxsp_1309_mscv_lk_179415&pagename=onboard_outstanding_service

Extend Your Stay "This optional program allows you to extend your cruise vacation, remain onboard and enjoy some of the ship services until 90 minutes prior to the ship's next departure. Complimentary breakfast and lunch in Bistro on Five, non-alcoholic drinks from Café al Bacio, first-run movies, access to the pool, fitness center and select spa services plus lockers in the spa changing room. You'll even have an extra hour in your stateroom. Enroll at the Guest Relations Desk onboard. $59 per adult, $29.50 for children ages 3-12, free for children under 3. Credit cards accepted all day for bar and spa purchases. Available on all European sailings."

Edited by MissBreezy